How long does it take for the nose to set after rhinoplasty? (Photo)

My tip is still quite big, ive been told in person my nose is quite small and straight but in photos it still looks quite big. Just wondering how long it takss for the nose to set?

Nasal swelling after rhinoplasty.

+2
Nasal swelling after rhinoplasty takes 1 year for the tip swelling to go down. When you can move the skin it is healed. 

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+2
It can take up to 18-24 months to see the final result of a rhinoplasty. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. The nose continues to change as the patient heals. I would recommend following up with your surgeon regarding any concerns, as he/she knows the details of your procedure and will be able to advise you. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Nose looks big in photos

+2
Hi there

There are a few answers:

It takes about 6 weeks for the nose to become totally stable after the rhinoplasty. 

It takes 6 to 12 months for the swelling to go down and the size to settle.

Your nose may look larger in photos because of the short focal length on the camera (a classic problem with "selfies").  Get the photo taken from further away and "zoom in".

Your nose looks great to me.  Very natural and a nice job.

Peter Callan, MBBS
Geelong Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty results

+1
It can take a full year and sometimes longer for all the swelling to subside from a rhinoplasty. Good luck.

How long does it take for the nose to set after rhinoplasty?

+1
Many thanks for the question.
This is the most common apprehension after surgery to see the shape of the nose as ever dreamed if possible next day.

It takes up to one year or even 18 months for shape not to change after rhinoplasty.

It however, reaches a reasonable shape in 9 months time, especially the tip and the hump.

If the hump is rasped only then sometimes the bone dust that has been left unirrigated becomes bone after calcification around  9 to 18 months after surgery when the hump seems to reappear.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon