Un Even Stitches? (photo)

I just had my blepharoplasty done 5 days ago and I am a lil concerned about the way my lid line is can someone please help me

Un Even Stitches?

A perfectly executed surgery can look uneven at a few days.  More time is needed to determine the result.                                                                                                                                                       Kenneth Hughes, MD                                                                                                           Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Jessely, Swelling and bruising will take time to disappear and one eyelid may heal faster than the other. At 5 days after surgery I would not worry.

Adam J. Cohen, MD
Skokie Oculoplastic Surgeon

2591 Compass Rd.
Glenview, IL 60026

Uneven incision

It appears that there is a slight asymmetry between the eyes, however it seems to be related to the early swelling related to your surgery.

it is very common to see this after blepharoplasty.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

7700 San Felipe Street
Houston, TX 77063

Ueven eyelids after blepharoplasty

It seems that you have a little bit more of skin hooding on the left side which is not uncommon 5 days after the surgery.  Most commonly this is due to uneven swelling of the lids or slightly uneven suture placement; in these cases the problem should resolve with time.  If it persists beyond 6 months and is still bothersome, then consult your surgeon about the possibility of correction.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

1046 South Orange Avenue
Short Hills, NJ 07078

Eyelids uneven 5 days after blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery)

It is normal for eyelids to swell differently after surgery and heal at different rates.  Eyelids also tend to bruise differently, as can be seen in your photos.  It is likely to be several months before you have some idea of how your eyelids are going to turn out.

I would recommend discussing your concerns with your surgeon as well as establishing a follow-up appointment schedule to keep you reassured that you are progressing normally.

Craig S. Rock, MD

6624 Fannin
Houston, TX 77030

Yes it does look rough.

But then it is only 5 days.  This will look much better in another week, month, two months, etc.  It will generally be 4 to 6 months before it is reasonable to decide what type of result you have here.  Generally this early out from surgery it is pretty common to look asymmetric even if the result is perfect 4 months later.  Hang in there.

9001 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Swelling is often asymmetric

Eyelids swell differently after surgery and heal at different rates after surgery. The amount of asymmetry you see now is normal. You cannot judge the final result for at least a couple of months.

Jeffrey Schiller, MD
Staten Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

1550 Richmond Avenue
Staten Island , NY 10314

Uneven after eyelid surgery

Five days is much to early to worry about asymmetry after surgery. Make sure to discuss your concerns with your surgeon at your follow-up visit and give yourself time to heal. 

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

873 Worcester Street
Wellesley, MA 02482

Un Even Stiches?

It is completely normal and expected to have an uneven look secondary to the swelling which is quite normal at 5 days postoperatively.   They need to be reevaluated at 3 - 6 months to properly judge the overall cosmetic result.

Constance M. Barone, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

9502 Huebner Rd
San Antonio, TX 78240