Would I Benefit from Upper and Lower Blepharoplasty? Can I Have an Estimate for How Much It Would Cost? (photo)

I was born with hooded eyes and my lower eyelids you can see the red part of my eye. Would blepharoplasty correct those issues and what would the estimated cost be?

Your genetic lower eyelid retraction needs very careful and specialized procedures. Seek an oculofacial surgeon with experience

+1

As an oculofacial plastic surgeon, I have observed from your photos that your eyes are prominent and have some similarities to someone who has thyroid eye disease or Graves' Disease. Any enahncement procedure must be done very carefully because you have a unique anatomical case that you were born with. Unfortunately, an upper eyelid blepharoplasty is unlikely to deliver the best results for you and may only aggravate your condition. If too much fat and skin is removed, it would only make your eyes more prominent sometimes referred to as a bug-eyed look.

The main problem that you have is your lower eyes. Your lower eyelids are retracted to point where the pink part of your eye called the conjunctiva can be seen. This means that the lower eyelids are lower than the level of the iris. Some patients may have this as a genetic trait or sometimes may be a consequence of lower eyelid surgery.

There are many ways to correct lower eyelid retraction. One straightforward procedure is called lateral canthoplasty or lateral tarsal strip. This procedure reattaches the eyelid by attaching the lateral canthal tendon to the internal aspect of the orbital rim of the bone. I also use a spacer graft to provide vertical support for the lower eyelid to add vertical height. So, I recommend that you meet with an experienced oculofacial plastic surgeon that can deliver the results that you want. I wish you the best of luck and thank you for your question.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Would I Benefit from Upper and Lower Blepharoplasty? Can I Have an Estimate for How Much It Would Cost?

+1

Skin only upper blepharoplasty may be helpful, and some type of lower eyelid procedure may be useful based upon careful exam.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facial and eyelid surgeries each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Eye #blepharoplasty #eyelid surgery

+1

Dear Star777

Thank you for your question!  The shape of your eyes in your photo is hard to tell -whether a surgical procedure would benefit you. You have to consider the possible shape change to your eyes with great care.  I would seek 2 or 3 opinions- then wait and think about what you want.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Cost of a blepharoplasty

+1

The cost of a blepharoplasty is dependent upon what is being performed. If there is a functionally related problems, some  eyelid procedures can be billed to the patient's medical insurance for medical necessity. The cost of  a cosmetic upper and/ or lower blepharoplasty are located on  the Link  below

Cost estimate of Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery)

+1

Thank you for sharing the photograph. The cost of eyelid surgery varies among surgeons, but may start at approximately $3000. As other eyelid plastic surgeons have stated, you may not be an appropriate candidate for blepharoplasty surgery based on photographs alone. Facial fillers, Botox Cosmetic, and other office treatments may be good alternatives to help rejuvenate the face, thus avoiding cosmetic surgery. Only after a comprehensive evaluation can a plastic surgeon help determine appropriation options for you.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for a blepharoplasty?

+1

Your eyes have all of the features that any most would identify as attractive.  It is hard to evaluate your eyes from the angle of your photograph.  If you are interested then the next step would be to get an evaluation by a plastic surgeon.  

Would I benefit from blepharoplasty?

+1

I agree with Dr. Steinsapir. Your best asset is your youth. The photo is not adequate to see whether any minimal surgery would help so if you could resubmit better photos with oblique views it would be helpful. However, it would be very unlikely if any type if traditional blepharoplasty would be if any benefit. 

Grady B. Core, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty

+1

The photos angle can change the way the eyes look, and it is really best to be evaluated in person to determine if a blepharoplasty would be good for you.

I can guarantee that upper blepharoplasty will destroy your appearance and cripple you emotionally.

+1

I say that because you have beautiful upper eyelid folds that are full and youthful.  Almost all "eyelid" surgeons will feel obligated to take a significant amount of upper eyelid fold, possibly even fat from the upper eyelid.  This will do two things that you will not like.  First your beautiful, full, youthful upper eyelid fold will be removed.  You currently do not appreciate the importance of this fold but you will once it is gone.  Secondly, this surgery will cause the brow position to relax down.  The brows frame the eyes and this change will compress the eye area.  It is not attractive.  When I look at your photograph, you fold does rest low on the upper eyelid but then you are also photographing yourself with the chin rotated down.  Your face is so rotated down that the left lower eyelid actually gaps off of the left eye.  This rotated position will make the upper eyelid fold contact appear worse than it is.  Now I actually to some surgery for individuals like yourself.  I call the procedure microblepharoplasty.  It is designed to create upper eyelid structure and typically involves the removal of a couple of millimeters of skin, no fat, and an anchor is made between the upper eyelid platform skin and the levator aponeurosis inside the eyelid to form a hard crease and support the upper eyelid lashes.  I am attaching a link to my eyelid page on my website that shows several examples of this type of surgery.  Bottom line: please be very careful what you look for.  You may not understand what you are asking for and I assure you that the vast majority of well-meaning surgeons offering eyelid surgery won't either.