How important is massaging radiesse into my hand after injection and why?

I have had radiesse injected for the first time into my hands. I am happy with the results but the doctor said to massage my hands twice during the night. I am worried now about how long and why I need to massage them. He was quite casual about it but will the outcome be dependent on my massaging? Thank you

How important is massaging #Radiesse into my hand after injection and why?

+1
In areas where the skin is thin and there is very little subcutaneous tissue, such as on the hands, I like to massage the Radiesse in an attempt to make it as even as possible.  I don't know that it has to be done this way but I'm more comfortable with that approach.
I hope that this helps and good luck,
Dr E

Massage after radiesse

+1

I typically do not ask my patients to massage down the Radiesse after I inject it but I do a lot of massage during my treatment session.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Massaging of hands after Radiesse

+1

After injecting Radiesse into hands, I normally massage the hands myself to help distribute the product evenly throughout the area.  I normally do not have patients do this afterwards but it should not cause any problems.  Your physician just prefers to have patients massage afterwards.  It is just a matter of personal preference.   

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon