What is the Best Treatment for the Deepest Lines on Hands?

Hell there, i really hope you can help me. What is the best and i mean best no mucking about treatment for old, too much skin, horizontal and vertical lines on the hands? Im 44 the rest of me is not bad but the hands argh. Im hiding them now. I want the most aggresive treament thats going to show results. While ive never had nice hands, stumpy wide man like lol at least they were unlined! Its seem over 6 months they have gone from, well thats life! To why? Thank you so much in advance.

Best treatment for deep lines on the hands

+3

Lines on the backs of aging hands are almost always due to volume loss. I have found the best treatment for this problem is Radiesse injections. Radiesse is injected beneath the skin and generates more volume to create a much better lifting effect for sagging skin. The unique viscosity and elasticity of Radiesse allow it to be molded to minimize irregularities in contour. Improvement typically lasts 12 to 15 months.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Rejuvenation of the hands with Radiesse, autologous fat transfer and lasers

+2

Rejuvenation of the hands is done equally well with autologous fat transfer or Radiesse injections - you will need 3-4 vials of Radiesse or more to achieve this result. As well, a fractional laser or chemical peel like the Obagi peel may help the texture and pigmentation of the aging hand.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Radiesse injections for the back of the hands.

+2

As we age we lose dermal collagen and soft tissue on the back of the hands as well as start showing mottled pigmentation(brown spots).  These areas start looking brown, bruised, bony and with more noticeable tendons.  The key to rejuvenating and returning the back of the hands is to approach the pigment changes with as series of BBL treatments along with replenishing the dermal and subdermal tissue either with fat transfer or injections of collagen stimulators into that soft tissue space to plump and firm it up.  I typically use Radiesse for that purpose.  When done well, it will take 10 years off the back of your hands.  This is 'off label' use, but has been used for years and works like a charm.

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser?

+2

Would have to examine to help with this one but I would consider a resurfacing laser to undo surface lines and texture and/ or injecting filler such as radiesse to plump up the deep tissue beneath.

John DeSpain, MD
Columbia Dermatologist

Treatment for lines on the hands.

+1
Hard to comment without photos.  That said; lines, wrinkles, and appearance of veins are usually treated with volume.  Dermal fillers are very good at this.  Solar damage, spots, etc. are often treated with a spectrum of modalities, microdermabrasion, peels of various intensity, and laser all have a place, depending on your condition and how aggressive you want to be.  See your local board certified plastic surgeon.  Together, you will come up with a plan.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Volume for loss of fat in hands

+1
So many women discover their hands have aged faster than their faces. Some of this is due to exposure and the fact that few of us remember to use sun screen on our hands. But many times the bigger issue is volume loss.

Once you've lost fat from the back of your hands, you see tendons, veins and bones and more crepey lines - not the look you want. The best method of filling that space back up is with Radiesse (lasts a long time and gives an instant smooth result) - or fat injections.

Radiesse actually increases the collagen in the skin a little as well...a nice side benefit for smoothing the skin even further.

From right now, start using a sunscreen on the backs of your hands. It will act as a moisturizer and a protectant.

Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Fat grafting + Melarase + CO2 laser for the hands - Los Angeles

+1

A combination treatment of fractional co2 laser + Melarase creams + Fat grafting can rejuvenate the hands. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS