Would fraxel be an option on hands? If so which one?

Fraxel for Hands

+1
Fraxel is a great choice for sun damage on the hands.  I laser a lot of brown spots on the hands because it is very aging.  Fraxel will treat overall sun damage on any area of the body, the face, chest, hands, arms, legs.  It can take more treatments on the body than the face to rejuvenate the skin due to the different type of skin involved.  

Fraxel Laser For Rejuvenating the Hands

+1
Yes, Fraxel laser can certainly be used to improve the appearance of the hands. In fact Courtney Cox undergoes these treatments for the same purpose. There are basically two types of treatments: ablative and non-ablative. In ablative procedures, tissue is removed. For example, with Fraxel Repair, cells within a vertical laser light column are evaporated to tighten the skin and reduce the surface area of the skin.

Fraxel Dual, which is ideal for rejuvenating the hands is a non-ablative treatment. It offers two modalities of wavelength energies: 1550nm for deeper tissue and 1927nm to refine more superficial issues. Laser energy is still administered through long, microscopic beams of light. The objective is to apply specific amounts of heat to the dermis layer to trigger processes in the skin that create new collagen fibers. This is what enables the hands to achieve a firmer, smoother texture.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel laser is a great treatment for the hands.

+1

Fraxel restore or DUAL lasers can stimulate collagen and fade brown age spots. These lasers can be used on almost any areas. Just use sun protection afterwards.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Fraxel for hands

+1
In my office I use Fraxel for face, neck, chest, hands, arms, abdomen even legs. Fraxel has several versions: 1. Fraxel- Non-Ablative (non-wounding): a)Dual: Effectively targets tone, texture and more superficial signs of aging, actinic keratosis and pigment b)Restore: Penetrates deep into the skin layers, specifically targeting concerns such as wrinkles or acne scarring 2. Fraxel Co2- Ablative (wounding): a)Repair 600m: Treats fine lines, age spots and sun spots b)Repair 135m: Used to target deeper wrinkles, tighten skin and remove years from your appearance Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see which option will be most effective for your concerns.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon