Implants after lift?

I'm in my late 30s, post lift and some weight loss. I have 36 c but want a little firmer and rounder look. Is it okay or even recommended to do procedure?

Can Breast Implants be placed after a Breast Lift

+2

Breast Implants sound like they would be a great option for you.

In San Antonio, I usually wait at least 6 months before placing breast implants after a mastopexy (breast lift).  Generally speaking, implants are a great way to get more upper volume.

Good Luck!

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants Contribute Shape As Well As Volume

+2

It is not unusual to consider breast implants to assist with shaping the breast to a fuller appearance.

Breast lift may restore the position of the breast and nipple, but often times the upper pole of the breast may not be as full as desired. Different shape implants help us to more precisely contour the upper chest to the shape desired.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants often compliment breast lift.

+2

The breast implant is often used to create the roundness and fullness, particularly in the upper aspect of the breast,after breast lift.  In many patients, the upper pole of the breast becomes hollow after a lift over the course of a year or so.

It may be necessary to re-tighten the skin if enoung weight loss has occured, but it is best to seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Michael S. Hopkins, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Combining Mini Ultimate Breast Lift with implants

+1

You desire larger than 36 C breasts and a rounder look and firmer skin tone.  Implants can increase the size and give a rounder look.  You may be a candidate for Breast Augmentation combined with a Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  This technique hides the scars at the areola-skin junction, reshaped the breast increasing upper pole fullness, cleavage and increases firmness.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and implants

+1

It is perfectly fine to have implants placed after you have had a lift done previously.  Any tough up work on the breast liftnsuchnas scar revisions or further tightening of the skin could also be done at the same time. It is a commonly done and straightforward procedure.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Implants after a breast lift (mastopexies) can restore fullness and improve your breast shape.

+1

After a breast lift, you always have the option to modify your breast size with breast implants.  

I suggest that our patients wait 4-6 months before placing the implants into a lifted breast. This gives your breast scarring (internal and external) time to soften.

Your size and shape expectations must be discussed with your plastic surgeon. He (she) should be able to guide you with implant selection.

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD, DMD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants after Uplift

+1

Breast Implants following Mastopexy / Uplift is a frequent request to restore volume.  I recommend waiting at least 6 months between procedures.  Good luck!

Christopher J. Inglefield, MBBS, FRCS
London Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant improves lift

+1

Placement of a breast implant can definitely improve the result of a breast lift.  In addition to filling our any remaining loose skin, which firms up the breast, the implant will create more fullness in the upper breast region (think cleavage).  A lift by itself is usually successful in raising the whole breast up and correcting sagging, by tailoring the looser skin covering.  However, very often an implant is required to add some volume and increase fullness in the upper area of the breast.  Many plastic surgeons have reported that they use an implant in more than 50% of their breast lifts.

Richard G. Schwartz, MD

Breast implants after lift or mastopexy, augmentation/mastopexy

+1

breast implants after lift or mastopexy,  augmentation/mastopexy

• it is common to do this operation
  • waiting 6 months is  good idea
  • frequently do them together

Implants After A Lift Are A Natural

+1

Dear Cheri, Thank you very much for your excellent question.  I am glad to see you are returning to see the plastic surgeon who did your Mommy Makeover.  He or she would be the exact right person to discuss the particulars with.  The breast lift your plastic surgeon already did corrected, I am sure, at least 3 of the 4 elements of a ptotic or droopy breast. 

The elements are:

1) the areola is too big;

2) the areola is too low;

3) your breast was hanging on your chest wall;

4) there is no fullness in the upper quadrant of your breast.

Now, the final step would be to go ahead and do the breast augmentation.  To get that firmer, rounder look, if you were my patient, I would recommend a silicone breast implant in the subpectoral space to give you a natural, fuller, rounder look.  There is no need to remove breast tissue to make room for the implant.  An implant behind the muscle will give the appearance of a fuller, rounder breast. 

The particulars of how the surgery needs to be done is between you and your Mommy Makeover plastic surgeon.  The questions to be answered are: saline vs. silicone; textured vs. smooth; use one of the previous incisions of the lift or go through the armpit endoscopically; whether you go above or below the muscle; what profile the implant should be - from moderate to high.

All the above questions will be answered by your plastic surgeon.  If I were you, I would go for it.

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon