No Clearly Defined Inframammary Fold. They Are Flat, Too. Correction Options?

As a pre-teen I never wore a training bra because I was teased about my growing breasts (by insensitive, ignorant boys) so I used to hide them by tying them down so they wouldn't protrude. Now at 36, my breasts are flat and since they are small, I have no clearly defined crease. Can this be fixed surgically? Would it be wise to do so?

Lack of inframammary fold

+1

No offense but I doubt you don't actually have infrmammary folds.  You may not have much breast tissue but pressing down on what you have may help to define it.  Your likely best option, although a picture would definitely help, is a breast augmentation to enhance the proportion of your torso.  A proper fitting of your augmentation is critical.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Breast augmentation for flat breasts without an inframammary fold

+1

Breast augmentation with implants is a great procedure to add volume to flat breasts.  Filling out your breasts will also create an inframammary fold.  You are the only person who can decide if this is a wise choice for you.  I would advise meeting with a plastic surgeon to discuss your options.  Many women in your circumstance opt for a small to moderate sized implant to create a natural look.

Web reference: http://www.advancedplasticsurgerysolutions.com/photo-gallery-atlanta/2031-breast-augmentation

+1

Many women with small breasts have no visible fold, but after augmentation seem to have a normal looking fold and normal contour. 

Although I have no photo and can only go by your brief description, I think the answer to your question is yes, this can be improved. 

Wise? That is your call. Visit with a plastic surgeon to hear your options, and the pros and cons, and then you can decide.l

Thanks for the question, best wishes.