My BWD is 11cm, Currently 32A, Can I Fit in a Moderate Profile Saline 300cc? My Doctor Recommended High Profile.

I don't want them to lookfake but I would like to achieve a full C cup in moderate profile. im 5.0 ft, 98lbs...btw 11cm Please help.

Implant size, cup size relationship

+1

At 32 A, each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  300 cc implants will take you up to approximately a size D.  This assumces that your body can accommodate a 300 cc implant in the retro-pectoral position.  I recommend silicone gel implants, placed retro-pectoral to give the most natural appearance and feel.  You have not described the shape or position of your breasts and some patients benefit from a breast lift done simultaneous.  This can be done through a circumareola approach.  Lifting the breasts increases projection and allows the use of small implants.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

How to determine the best size implant

+1

is a very difficult question to answer on-line.  In general, your surgeon should be able to show you how wide the implant will be on your chest and whether it will diminish or affect the distance between your breasts as well.  In my practice, patients pick a volume that they like and then the style implant is selected depending on their anatomical findings and goals.  You should discuss your concerns with your chosen surgeon and he/she should be able to resolve your concerns before surgery.

Curtis Wong, MD

Best Breast Implants For Me?

+1

You will find that advice you receive online cannot be as accurate as advice you receive in person from well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Therefore, thebest advice I can give you online is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.   Make sure that he/she can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This if communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “full C" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

The moderate profile will fit

+1

The use of high profile implants is relatively new, perhaps over the past five years. You can have a 300cc moderate profile breast implant and it will indeed fit and perhaps get you into the C-cup. Each surgeon will have their idea of a 'best' implant and will have their idea of 'natural'. Be sure to show your surgeon what you wish to look like.

Moderate profile vs. High profile?

+1

You are petite and slim, with A-cup breasts. Every surgeon measures breast base differently, which is understandable since breasts do not have a "sharp" beginning and ending, but slope as they attach to the chest wall. Thus, this is not an "absolute" measurement, and implant profile choice should be made on the basis of the pocket created, which of course is based upon the breast beneath which it lies. So there has to be some degree of consistency, but each surgeon makes this judgement on the basis of his or her own measurement "method," which works for that individual surgeon's decision-making process.

I suspect that if I were to measure your breast base diameter, I would measure this slightly larger than 11.0cm, and this would perhaps allow a moderate profile 300cc implant, or at least a moderate plus profile implant. A Mentor 300cc moderate profile saline implant has a base diameter of 12.6cm (overfill to 325cc, diameter 12.1cm); a moderate plus (300cc) 11.5cm (overfill to 360cc, 11.2cm), and a high profile (310cc) 110.cm (overfill to 375cc, 10.7cm). Allergan Natrelle 300-320cc low profile saline implants have a base diameter of 12.4cm; moderate profile (300-330cc) 11.9cm; and high profile (320-340cc) 11.1cm. Remember that saline implants must be over filled by 5-15% in order to minimize rippling, which IS an issue with someone as tiny as you are, and why both companies have a range of volumes listed with corresponding (slight) differences in base diameter.

So you can see that these profiles differ in base diameter by less than 1cm, and even differ between manufacturers by only a few millimeters. Just as measurements might differ among surgeons.

I think that some surgeons prefer the "high, round, Baywatch" look of high profile implants, and tend to recommend them to most if not all of their patients. Saline implants tend to have even more "sharp" edges and look less natural than silicone, especially when above the muscle. Yours should absolutely be below the muscle, IMHO!

Overall, 300cc (even overfilled to about 330cc) will add about 1 1/3 cups to your present size, so you must be as sure as you can be that this is the proper implant choice to give you the full C you wish (I suspect you may be a bit on the low side).

Secondly, I would recommend silicone over saline, especially as you are tiny, thin, and with little of your own breast tissue to conceal implant edges and rippling. You need more information and perhaps another few consultations with ABPS-certified plastic surgeons before proceeding. You can get much more information by reading my Comprehensive Guide to Breast Augmentation by clicking on the web reference link below, or by coming in for a complimentary consultation. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Bilateral Breast Augmentation sizes

+1

From the information you have given, and without seeing photos,  a 300cc implant could be a nice size for you.  There is very little difference in the width of the two styles of implants that you mentioned.  Your surgeon should give you some information explaining the differences prior to surgery.  It is best to make an informed decision in regards to your surgery.  Also, it is very important to trust your surgeon, as he/she should have had many years of experience.  Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons ( ASPS) to discuss your concerns and expectations.  Also, implant information is on the Mentor website.  The website is very informative regarding the types of implants. It's worth a look!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

My BWD is 11cm, Currently 32A, Can I Fit in a Moderate Profile Saline 300cc

+1

The reason your surgeon is suggesting high profile is to keep the implant width about the same dimension as your breast width. One of many factors that can make an augmented breast look unnatural is use of an implant that is too wide. The implant may extend too far over the chest wall toward the arm. There may be a double contour, one from the implant and one from the native breast tissue.

I am not seeing the photo or doing an examination and measurements myself, but I am inclined to agree with your surgeons recommendation. An alternative to consider is a smaller volume using a moderate profile.

Continue your dialog with your surgeon, best wishes.