CUI vs Mentor - What's Better and What's the Difference Between Them?

I found 2 good dr's but one told me his using mentor and the other one said cui's?( cheaper) I dont know much about implants so there fore which one is safer and better looking??

CUI? R U Sure?

+3

CUI are the initials for Cox-Uphoff International, a company absorbed by Mentor years ago.

Double check with your surgeon.

Mentor and Inamed/Allergan are the two primary manufacturers of breast implants; both are excellent quality.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Cox Uphoff International

+2

Stephanie,

Cox Uphoff International (CUI) implants are no longer available in the U.S.  In fact, I am not even sure if the company still exists.  At any rate, U.S. plastic surgeons have no ongoing experience with them, unless they also practice outside the states.

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Cui vs Mentor

+1

In the US the only manufacturers that a plastic surgeon can order implants from are from Mentor or Allergan.

Breast implant manufacturers in the USA

+1

I didn't know that they made these implants any longer! In the USA, we currently use Mentor or Allergan implants. Occasionally custom implants can be fabricated but this is rare.

Breast implant types

+1

The only implants available in the US are manufactured by either Mentor or Allergan, and both of these companies offer saline and silicone implants. Your choice of procedure and implant type should not be made only based on cost, remember these are artificial implants you are putting inside your body.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

CUI vs Mentor -

+1

Are you in US? In USA I recommend MENTOR. Mentor has the better track record and will stand behind their product. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski 305 598 0091

MENTOR

+1

Regarding:  "CUI vs Mentor - What's Better and What's the Difference Between Them?
I found 2 good dr's but one told me his using mentor and the other one said cui's?( cheaper) I dont know much about implants so there fore which one is safer and better looking
??"

CUI implants (formerly Cox-Uphoff) were acquired in 1989 by Inamed, which in turn was purchased later by Allergan the producer of Natrelle breast implants. In 1990, Cox-Uphoff filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy after losing a 1987 lawsuit to Mentor. A jury awarded Mentor $690,000 after deciding that Cox-Uphoff had infringed on Mentor's patents for a plastic surgery implant and a breast prosthesis.

I was not aware that CUI implants are still being produced. They are not available in the US.

I would DEFINITELY recommend going with Mentor implants.

Dr. Peter Aldea