BWD 15.5 Cm. What Size Should I Go to with a Moderate Plus Silicone. I Am 5'3" and 118lb.

My BWD is 15.5 cm, weight 118#, I am 5'3", and ribcage 31". I want to go with a Mentor Moderate Plus silicone but don't know how many ccs to go with. According to the Mentor charts I should be anywhere from 550-650 which seems really large for my frame. I am hoping to be a D-cup post op. My PS says he allows 1-2 cms for impalnt diameter to BWD but that has not what I have been reading. I have been reading it is more like .5-1 cm within BWD. Please help??!!!

Breast augmentation by the numbers

+2

A study of breast implant size charts will rarely lead you to the result you are looking for. Remember numbers lie and statistics is the study of how to make numbers lie. Breast augmentation is art and experience, and I suspect and implant of 375 to 400 cc will be plenty big enough to produce a D-cup. The question is what kind of D-cup do you want. What do you expect the result to look like. Bring these ideas in to your consultation and let an experienced surgeon choose the correct implant.

peterejohnsonmd

+1
Thank you for the question and picture.  Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.
The use of computer imaging technology may also be very helpful during this communication process.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.
I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Implant diameter and cup size

+1

Unfortunatelly, the results are partly science, partly art and partly biology and you tissue thickness is not rigidly fixed. REMEBER that 0.5 to 1cm of thickes is per side of the implant (cleavage side and armpit side) sot that it averages out to 1-2 cm (2 x 0.5-1) overall addition to implant diameter.

It is very easy to be confused by this measuring system. Cup sizes are only used as estimates for clothing. Although the measuring technique for determining cup size is precise, the results of these measurements are not. Let me give you an example; weight is a very accurate measurement. However two patients that weigh 120 lbs are not likely to look alike. The same is true with two patients that have C cup breasts. This is why physicians tend to use volume (cubic centimeters or cc) as a more accurate measurement. Note: If you are trying to figure out what breast implant size you want to obtain, you can try the szing tool available through b4bra.com or read the articles about measuring there.

Size is a complex decision that is not only based upon your height, weight and current cup/bra size but ALSO on also on your breast diameter, waist, shoulder, and skin envelope measurements. These can only be assessed in person during a consultation. A good place to start is using my "Find your perfect size" tool listed in the left hand column of my bodysculptor.com home page. Another good place to look is the searchable database section of the physicians' photos on implantinfo.com. Best of luck.

Please see our website for a description of the procedure: bodysculptor.com You can view some of Dr. Placik's patients or many other patients by visiting the website:photo gallery

Breast augmentation

+1

It is always difficult to predict what would be the right size of an implant for someone.  Be aware that too large of an implant may cause problems with your skin later on.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

BWD at 15 cms

+1

Just from looking at your photograph, I doubt that your base width is 15 cms. Most women of your size have a base width between 10-12.  I agree, I usually do not like to go wider than 0.5-1.0 cms and therefore most of my patients like you get moderate plus or high profile implants.

There's no way your BD is 15.5 cm

+1

Dear Fort Wayne,

There is no way with your petite frame that your breast base diameter is 15.5 cm.  That being said, of course 550-650cc implants would look ridiculous on you.   I would suggest a remeasurement of your base width, and a discussion with your surgeon as to whether you prefer cleavage or projection.  A range of implant sizes can than be chosen to have on hand in the operating room.  I personally place breast sizers in my patients in the operating room while they are under anesthesia and in a sitting upright position to determine the optimum size implant.  Perhaps, your surgeon does the same.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Find a plastic surgeon you trust to select breast implants.

+1

How to pick breast implant sizes

1) This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2) It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3) Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4) Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy. The most common mistake is to go too big.

5) I recommend that the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6) The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7) Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8) Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating roon inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

550-650 c.c will be too big

+1

The issue of the implant size very complicated and charts can not replace the actual examination. You have small frame and also thin brest tissue and skin. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon and do not tell him or her the size you want till your surgeon gives his or her opinion. 3D imaging is another option.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Size with a Moderate Plus Silicone. I Am 5'3" and 118lb

+1

If you truly wish a D cup look for at least a 400 cc implant. Have you seen in person a boarded surgeon to discuss? Please do. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091

Implant Sizing Does Not Need to be Difficult

+1

The best way to find an implant size with which you are going to be happy is to try on implants which can show you the volume needed to achieve the change in volume you desire.  With a chest size of 31", your D cup is going to be the same size as a 34 B/C.  After determining the volume change you are comfortable with, then select an implant in that range which is appropriate for your breast diameter.

John Whitt, MD