How Much Does Latisse Cost?

Can a medical expert share more on the price of  Latisse? What's the average cost?

Editor Note: See prices of Latisse near you

Latisse costs $120 but can last up to 4 months.

+5

I've been recommending a different regimen that will let your Latisse bottle last up to 4 months. We recommend starting with 1 drop in the cap (not 2); then soak the applicator tip in the cap and apply to the lash skin once daily. We also suggest using each disposable applicator on both eyelids for 2 consecutive days before discarding. It can be rinsed with water in between uses, and left to air-dry. This regimen will allow the 60 applicators included with the purchase to last for 120 days.

You'll see results in a month, and thick growth in 3 to 4 months.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Latisse costs $100

+5

It appears that Allergan has lucked out again. They bought Ed Schantz's little Botox making company for its ocular effects and boom, a billion dollar business. Now they took a drug used to treat glaucoma and may have struck paydirt again.

Glaucoma patients noted that when they used this medication their eyelashes grew longer and thicker...quite substantially in fact. So, Allergan, after a scuffle with Jan Marini, has brought this prostaglandin analogue to market. It works by turning on the melanocytes (the pigment-making cells), making the eyelashes darker, and puts the lashes into anagen (the hair's growth phase), making the lashes longer and more lush.

Since the medication had undergone careful scrutiny on its original approval and has not been a problem after years of usage, it was not too difficult for Allergan to get approval. I appreciate Dr. Malhorta's concern for his patient's safety, but Latisse does appear to be a pretty safe drug.

There have been occasional reports of patients' having their blue eyes turn brown (blue-eyed patients should be warned as the change is permanent) and the usual cases of contact conjunctivitis but nothing more serious.

Whether women are willing to pay $100 every two months for this product when mascara almost does the same thing is to be learned.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Latisse costs $120

+5

The recommended price for latisse is $120. Although many places will offer a special at this early stage. 1 bottle will last about 2 months, and it will take about 2 bottles to get your full result. Then after that you may not need to use it everyday, which will decrease the amount used.

Amir M. Karam, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Latisse

+4

The cost of Latisse currently in our office is $120 a bottle or 3 bottles for $240 ($80 per bottle).  No charge consultation.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Latisse in Raleigh NC $72

+4
Latisse for eyelash growth In Raleigh, NC. In my  plastic surgery practice, we offer Latisse at the price of $72.00 for our loyal clients and patients.. New clients pay the regular price of $120 per box.  This is the price physicians pay for Latisse. Currently, there are 2 ways to save even more, a rebate of up to $100 for patients who also use Botox or Juvederm making Latisse FREE,  OR an extra $20 off with rebate. Both of these specials are scheduled to end 12/31/10. 
Latisse is a great product and people love the results of longer, thicker, darker eyelashes.
We don't  consider Latisse as a profit center for our practice but rather as a means to enhance the client experience at no cost.
The current wholesale price of $72.00 and suggested retail of $120 is negligible to our practice but offering Latisse at our cost allows us to provide a luxury item at a price point that is within the reach of the interested public.
Latisse cannot be shipped. it is available through prescription only, Patients must visit a physician or pharmacist to have the prescription filled. In my office there is no additional fee for a consultation with a P.A. or nurse practitioner who will write the prescription.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

An introductory Latisse price of $100 currently exists

+4

Latisse is the newest and only FDA approved eyelash enhancement treatment in the market. This product along with another product (non-FDA approved) is available in our practice.

Latisse was introduced late January of 2009, and while we have tremendous confidence and are seeing happy patients, the full effects of Latisse may result after 6-8 weeks of use.

We have introduced a special offer like many other physician offices to encourage a more affordable "first step" to fabulous lashes. The regular price of Latisse is $120. I believe this is consistent in physician's offices as well as when provided through the pharmacy by prescription.

Patrick S. Carney, MD
Minnesota Dermatologist

Wait 6 months before trying Latisse

+4

Latisse costs $100-120. However, we typically wait 6 months or 1 year before advising our patients on a new procedure to see what the results/side effects are once thousands of people are using the product. If there is a large body of clinical data supporting its use then we will support something earlier, but my advice to a family member or patient is to bite your lip and be patient for 6 months.

Pramit Malhotra, MD
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon

Latisse for eyelash growth

+3

Latisse costs about $120. This cost varies in other parts of the country; however, our cost to the patient is $120. Some pharmacies in your area charge from $120 to $175 so I would check around.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Latisse cost in Las Vegas

+3

The cost will vary. My understanding is that it is around $150 for a 30 day supply. Some folks may be running specials. Doubtful this is wide spread as this is a new drug. This includes the medicine and the brushes. Most patients will be on everyday use for 4 months and then go to three times a week for maintanance.

Remember this is a prescription drug. The patient must see a doctor first. Some doctors will charge a consultation fee. Call and check first.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Latisse Pricing

+3

Latisse is a product distributed by Allergan (makers of Botox and Juvederm) for fuller, thicker, darker eyelashes. The product retails for $120 for a 2 month supply. However, we are currently offering Latisse at a special introductory price of $100 for a 2 month supply or $180 for a 4 month supply. Allergan's research indicates optimal results will be obtained at 4 months.

David A. Robinson, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon