I Have Some White Fillings on my Front Teeth..can I Get Composite Veneers?

COMPOSITE VENEERS OVER WHITE FILLINGS

+2

Yes.  You can always do a composite veneer over a tooth or multiple teeth.  But that is not the end of the story.  You should also look at the end result of such a procedure over the short, mid and long term.

1)  Short term consideration

You have to find a VERY skilled cosmetic dentist to make a composite veneer look good with well adapted margins and adequately pleasant contour.  For this to happen, these skilled dentists will charge you as much as the average dentist will charge you for a porcelain veneer.

2) Mid term consideration

The composite veneer, in spite of all polishing techniques the skilled dentist will use to finish the outer surface, it will start changing colors after a few years.  this change may not be aceptable if it is in front of your mouth.

Also the composite veneers are also more succeptible to chipping and fractures than a well made and well adjusted porcelain veneer.

3) Long term consideration

Because of #2 above the composite veneers will probably need to be redone after a few number of years.

Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Composite Veneers

+1

You can still get composite veneers with white fillings on your teeth. If the fillings are in good shape with no staining and no decay then the composite veneers can be placed over them. Otherwise the old white fillings would need to be removed. This could be done at the same time as the composite veneers are placed.

Miami Cosmetic Dentist

Anterior veneers

+1

The presence of composite fillings in anterior teeth is usually not a limitation for anterior veneers. The most important question is to find the right doctor specializing on anterior cosmetics and take a look at his finished cases. 

Miami Cosmetic Dentist

Composite Veneers on Front Teeth With Fillings

+1

If you decide to go with Composite Veneers, you really must chose your cosmetic dentist well. Only a very highly skilled and experienced cosmetic dentist can make composite veneers look real. And for that service, which takes time, he will charge a substantial fee.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Composite or porcelain veneers

+1

If all things equal and you can be a candidate for them, The only reason if any one opts for composite veneers ( chair side veneers) is only money. And even then there is a 50% savings, which I do not think it is worth it. The Composite veneers look dull, bulky and never last as long as porcelain. They chip, they stain, they crack and look ugly in a year .... So you think you saved 50% , but you end up doing the porcelain and basically threw away that money.

Orange County Cosmetic Dentist

White Fillings to Veneers

+1

If you have conservative white fillings then you would be a candidate for veneers. Composite veneers typically do not last as long as porcelain veneers. As the composite ages it will lack luster, appear dull, and begin to change color to brown or yellow.  Composite veneers are typically less expensive than porcelain veneers and  the tooth preparation is often more conservative. I recommend composite veneers for a young person seeking cosmetic dental solutions.   For large white fillings, a full coverage crown may be a better treatment option. 

Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist