I Had a Tummy Tuck 3 Days Ago and I'm Running a Fever. Should I Worry?

I had a tummy tuck with lipo on Thursday this week. Im running a fever usually around 100 to 100.7. My pain is manageable and I'm taking my pain meds oxycodon with acetaminophen. Should I worry about this or can it wait until I see my dr later in the week? I'm also taking my antibiotics as directed.

Importance of Doctor- Patient relationship in any Cosmetic Surgery

+1

You should call your surgeon and not waste time asking important questions from physicians who have never seen you.

Call your plastic surgeon right away and let him know what is going on.

Let him decide what needs to be done.

No time should be wasted.

A stitch in time is best way to fix any budding complications.  

Fever three days post tummy tuck

+1

Temperatures of 100-100.7 are of concern three days postoperative, but may not be clinically significant.  There are a number of reasons for having low grade fevers.  If it is over 101.5, I would be much more concerned.  Be it as it may, despite your taking antibiotics, you can still develop a wound infection.  You should not wait to contact your surgeon and be evaluated to make sure you do not have an infection or other problem that is causing your low grade fevers that need to be addressed.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Running a Feve

+1

There are a number of possible causes for a fever at three days. Each would have its own treatment path. Please call your surgeon today. He/she will get some more info, and may want to see your for an examination. Don't wait for your appointment.

All the best. 

Fever after Tummy Tuck

+1

The fever could be normal or the beginning of an infection although that is very unlikely. I recommend following up with your plastic surgeon.

Leo Lapuerta, MD

Fever 3 days after a Tummy Tuck

+1

You should call you surgeon and let them know you have a fever 3 days post- op.  It could indicate some type of infection, or maybe nothing at all.  Best of luck!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Fever 3 days after a tummy tuck

+1

I would definitely contact your surgeon and let them know that you have a fever 3 days after tummy tuck.  It may be nothing but it may be the start of something serious.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD