If I’m a 36c Bra Size,and I Get 425cc HP. What Sizw Will I Be?

if I’m a 36c bra size from victoria secrets. and the doctor want to put 425 HP. under the muscle. is that going to be a full D or a DD. i only want to be a full C or a small D. i weight 140 and I’m 5'5. body structure is curve

Final cup size = what you have + what's put in

+2

Vanessa: Your PS' choice of a high profile (saline?silicone?) implant in a submuscular plane will probably take you into the full D to DD range, if you are a full C pre-op.  That being said, the high profile implants paradoxically appear to be "smaller" than the standard profile implants, because their "footprint" or base is narrow and their principal utility is to provide additional projection while narrowing the intermammary distance.  Ask your PS to justify his/her choice of this implant.  Good luck. 

DD

+2

That will make you a DD.  If you are a C cup already then something smaller (i.e. 275 to 325cc) should be more then enough.  Discuss this with your surgeon and ask him to show you before and after photos of patients similar to you.  Review his/her before/after photos to make sure you like his/her work.

Breast augmentation

+2

You will likely increase approximately two breast sizes, which will place you to a D- DD size bra.  Consider a smaller implant, possibly 240-280cc if you want to be a full C from where you are currently.

425 cc implant

+2

A 425 cc implant will increase your cup size at least 1-2 cups. If you are already a "C" you will probably get there.  Of course can exam in person is key to get an idea. A good way for you to tell is to do a rice test or baggy test to see what it looks like in a bra.

Predicting cup size based on implant size

+2

Since there are no true cup size standards, one can't predict with any high rate of accuracy what cup size a particular implant will lead to. Additionally, there are so many variables that will influence the result. However, if you are already a "C", a 425cc implant will enlarge you to far in excess of a large "C" or small "D".

Make sure that your doctor has a precise understanding of exactly what you want otherwise you may be disappointed.

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com

Breast Augmentation and cup size

+2

Although it is very difficult to predict bra size post-operatively, as a rule of thumb 160-200 cc will increase your breast one cup size.  There is certainly variation amongst patients, and bra size also varies significantly amongst manufacturers.  You should convey your concerns to your board certified plastic surgeon.

Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Predicting Post Augmentation Breast Size

+2

It is very difficult to determine the cup size any patient will be after surgery, even after a full exam.  Also, there is no standardized breast size that manufacturers adhere to. Victoria's Secret tends to over size the cup to sell more bras (women think their breasts are larger in VS bras).  But if you are a C with them you would likely be a B in reality and a 425 cc implant will not be a small augmentation. The key is trying on the implant, communicating with your surgeon and trusting his/her judgment. 

The key is would you want to be a C cup even if the breasts didn't look they way you wanted?  Perhaps not well shaped or achieving the roundness you would like. Communicate with your surgeon and take the cup size out of the equation.

Cup Size after Breast Augmentation

+2

It is difficult to accurately predict a bra cup size after breast augmentation.  In general, a 425cc implant is quite large, however, and if you are already a C cup, this size implant, may add considerable volume and may result in more then a full C cup.   You may want to review the surgery with your plastic surgeon.  

Implant Selection Process

+1

I believe this will put you into a full D/DD range.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Breast Augmentation

+1

Due to inconsistency of bra manufacturers and sizing, do not rely on bra sizes to determine cup size.  Get implants which fit your body, and your goals with the counseling of your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  This will give you all the information to make an informed decision.

Web reference: http://www.elitemdspa.info/

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.