32B Considering 400cc... Too Much?

Hi... I´m 20 years old, I´m 5´3" and 115 pounds... I´m a 32B right know I´m considering getting 400cc is it too much?

Breast augmentation size

+2

I see so many questions like this and to me they don't make any sense at all. What is too big? It really depends on what  you think is big or small right?  Now depending on your frame ( how wide your ribs are ) you may need a higher or lower profile implant to get the look you want. Bigger implants will tend to have more problems than smaller implants so you have to take that into consideration but ultimately what will make you the most happy is getting the  cup size that you want.

Implant Selection Process

+1

How big do you desire to be?  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast Augmentation

+1

This all depends on your goals,  your frame structure, and “taste” as this is art and preference is the key word.  To say “too much” or “too little” is difficult with these things.  What I can say is that most women having implants we see, wish they would have gone just a little bit bigger.  When you are shorter, a bigger implant can make you look as if you have gained weight.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

How big is too big for breast implants

+1

Choosing appropriate breast implants for your body is a very systematic procedure in our office.  We take measurements and assess your skin laxity.  We also use a 3D imaging program called Crisalix, you can see a short video describing the program on our youtube page at the link below.

I have found that the 3D imaging for Breast Augmentation really helps women visualize the size they will be and choose the best size breast implant for them.

There are many factors that go into choosing an appropriate implant size, so make sure you sit down with your surgeon and discuss what you hope to gain from the operation.  Show the surgeon some examples of too large and too small breasts and let your surgeon help guide you in the appropriate size.

If you feel like your surgeon is no help in picking an implant size, then pick another surgeon.

Suresh Koneru, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmenation

+1
Then size of the implants should be determined by you breast diameter . With a 32b your chest diameter will likely not be enough accommodate such a large implant.

David L. Abramson, MD

Picking the right size for you...

+1

I would need to assess your chest wall to determine what range of implants would fit proportionately on your body type. 

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning

2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and we can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

400 cc breast implants are too big for most women.

+1

Hi.

This is not a popular answer, but it is in your best interest.  You want to look and feel good not just now, but in 20 years and in 40 years also.  It is best to look natural, specially as you get older, and that's hard with large breast implants.

Very large breast implants stretch your tissues, have more complications, tend to look fake (too high and round on top), and age poorly.  I have been doing this for a while, and so see long term results.

Picking implant size is really a technical decision which the surgeon should make in the operating room after using sterile disposable sizers.  At a guess, I would say 300 cc's would be good for you.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast augmentation

+1

There is nothing inherintly wrong with using that size implant in you but there is more to choosing an implant than size. There are different shaped implants with the same volume i.e. they have different forward projection to base diameter ratios. They also have silicone gel, silicone cohesive gel and saline implants that can be placed above or below the muscle via various approaches. This bulletin board format is inaquedate for helping you to choose a secific implant. You need to see a plastic surgeon and be examined face to face so he/she can tell you which implant volumes/shapes, surgical approach and implant position would be most appropriate. Then you can make an informed decision to choose among this combination of options. This is not a one size fits all process.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Not enough information

+1

You need to see a board certified plastic surgeon to help you with the implant size. You pictures are with the bra and does not help.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

400cc breast implants

+1

Based on your photos, this size implant will likely make you a C/D bra cup size. If this is your goal then it may be appropriate. You should discuss this further with your surgeon to determine if this is proportionate to your body. I use 3D imaging to determine the best implant volume for my patients and it gives a very accurate visual idea of the final result.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD