How to Tighten Loose Breast Skin Without Surgery?

i lost about 100 pounds naturally and i'm happy about that but now ive noticed that the skin on my breasts is loose is there an exercise that can help this or is surgery the only option.

Usually surgery is the best option

+2

I'm not aware of any great ways of tightening breast skin without surgery. Some folks believe that Thermage may help, but I have not felt these results to be consistent or acceptable in most cases.

In my opinion, surgery is the best choice for consistent, natural results. Options include breast augmentation, breast lift, or a combination of the two. My advice would be to seek a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area, and he will be able to review your options with you in detail after a good exam and discussion of your goals.

Breast lift and implants following massive weight loss

+2

It is highly unlikely that you will achieve any significant improvement with the skin tightening technologies currently available (i.e., Titan, Thermage, Velashape, etc.). On a scale of 1-10, these may accomplish a 1-2 when it comes to breast lifting effect.

Surgery is most likely your best option to achieve a 7-9 result. The tissues which would normally be discarded can be "folded" into your breast lift (autogenous tissue augmentation) or an implant can be used to fill the breast.

Your own tissue will likely settle into the bottom half of your breast, whereas an implant is probably the best method to achieve upper breast fullness on a longer term basis.

You will need a lift plus or minus an implant

+2

With the degree of skin laxity associated with massive weight loss you will need a lift to tighten the breasts. An implant will also help if you want to increase your size or gain superior pole fullness. Good luck and congratulations on the weight loss!

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Exercises for loose skin

+2

Thanks for the question -

Congratulations on the weight loss!

Unfortunately there are no exercises for reducing skin. It is common to have excess skin after weight loss. There are radio-frequency and laser treatments marketed at tightening skin but typically patients with large weight loss require surgery to fix these problems.

In your case it sounds like a mastopexy may help with the issues you're concerned about.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Breast lift safest and most effective

+1
Unfortunately, nonsurgical skin tightening treatments may not be able to tighten your breast skin to the point that you'll be happy with. Only a breast lift can safely and effectively do this.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

No effective means of non-invasively tightening the breast skin

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss! Unfortunately, there are no effective means of non-invasively tightening the breast skin, including exercise. This is a surgical problem. I would recommend that you see a board certified/eligible plastic surgeon to discuss options with you.

I hope you find this helpful.

Stephen A. Goldstein, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Many surgical options, few non surgical ones

+1

Loose skin is certainly one of the most difficult problems that a plastic surgeon must deal with. Unfortunately there are not many options for loose skin other than removing the skin. When there is losse skin of the breasts the only three alternatives. These are a breast augmentation a breast left or a combination of the two procedures. When the loose skin extends under the arm a breast lift can be combined with an upper body lift. A thorough examination by a plastic surgeon is in order to best determine your options.

It sounds like you will need an extensive lift.

+1

Hi!  The key is how the lift is done.  You cannot just tighten the skin.  The breast tissue must be moved up on the chest  and sculptured internally with buried stitches.  That way you get upper fullness and a good long term result.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Two surgical options for loose breast skin

+1

Hello ! There are no conservative treatments available to address breast skin. There are two surgical options:

1-Breast lift in addition to the use of implant.

2-Breast lift without the use of an implant ,and in your case using the same extra skin to give volume to the breast. It is reffered to sometimes as the spiral flap. It is a good option following massive weight loss as we have to remove the skin anyway.

Hope that helps!

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Please send pictures

+1

Based on my experience you will need breast lift. It is common to need breast lift after weight loss. The main problem with weight gain and loss is the loss of elasticity and stretch marks.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon