Non-surgical Tightening Options After Smart Lipo?

I had Smart Lipo done on my thighs 8 months ago. I was told approx. 8,000 cc's of fluid was removed; a lot I know, but my thighs were large and I have very dense muscle mass. The doctor used a laser, Vaser, and suction.

I am 56, physically fit, work out regularly, watch what I eat, drink lots of water, massage my legs several times daily and moisturize twice daily. In an effort to assist my post-op results, my doctor also provided 8 LipoEx treatments on the front, interior, and exterior areas of my thighs, and 1 mesotherapy treatment on a fatty pocket outside my right thigh. The mesotherapy appears to have done the trick on the fatty pocket.

I still have small lumps and wrinkly sagging skin on the front of my thighs, skin discoloration, three areas of scar tissue, an unnatural looking transition from my thighs to knees/calves, and consistent burning and tingling all over (particularly shortly after a workout and in the evenings).

Would something non-surgical like Thermage help tighten the loose skin? I understand that at my age I can't expect to have thighs like a 20-year-old, but after having made such a large financial investment in them, I would really like to look decent in shorts.

Further thigh skin tightening after Vaser and Laser Lipo

+1

There is a limit to the amount of skin tightening achievable by Laser Liposuction (SlimLipo, ProLipo, SmartLipo etc), Thermage etc. At some point further and complete tightening requires surgery - in your case a Thigh Lift.

Nonetheless, if you want to try another nonsurgical modality I would recommend the Sciton SKINTYTE (part of its IPL machine the BBL). Look it up on YouTube.

Good Luck.

Dr. P. Aldea

Post Liposuction Titan

+1

Try Titan treatments. We have had excellent results at Rejuvenation Center using Titan on torso and limbs. Be sure the professional performing the treatments is very well skilled as experience means everything with something so technique dependent.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD