How Much Does a Chemical Peel Cost?

What determines the cost of a chemical peel (number of treatments, deepness of wrinkles, area covered, etc)?

Peel type and need for anesthesia and aftercare

Deeper peels need anesthesia and more aftercare (more visits to the doctor's office during healing). This makes them a bigger deal and therefore more expensive. Laser peels also tend to cost more than chemical peels as equipment cost factors in as well.

Deeper peels correct more pigment, wrinkles, etc. Not everyone benefits by the same peel.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Costs of Chemical Peels

Chemical peels can range in costs from a few hundred dollars to a thousand dollars depending on the strength of the acid peel and what type of peel is being performed.  The costs also range on who is performing the peels.  In my office only the physician (myself) performs the peels and I use medical grade peels which only a physician can administer.  The results are wonderful and leave your skin smoother and rejuvenated.

Chemical Peel Cost

Chemical Peel pricing varies greatly across the country and also the type of peel utilized. Typically,$75 to $1500.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Chemical peel cost in India

Hi. I work mostly with the higher Fitzpatrick skin types - III to VI. And so, my chemical peel range is restricted to superficial/light to medium peels. My charges would be between $20 and $26 per peel session for glycolic/ salicylic/ lactic/ TCA peels. 

And since, the peel is charged per session, the costs may vary depending on the total number of sessions planned, and would differ based on the area to be covered ,eg, back versus face.

Tthe cost of a chemical peel depends on:

• the severity of the wrinkles / sun damage to treat
  • number of treatments
  • area to be treated
  • the type of peel
  • physician supervision
  • post treatment care.

Fees range between $50 - $6000 (for a full facelift like peel)

Dr. Carlos Cordoba
Plastic & Esthetic Surgeon
4055 Ste-Catherine O. Suite 100
Montreal, QC. Canada H3Z 3J8

Carlos Cordoba, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Chemical Peels

Hi there-

The cost of a chemical peel is determined by the type of peel you are having done.

For example, in our practice a glycolic peel is $75 and our Lactic peel is $65.00 per treatment.

We offer a stronger peel called the VI peel that is $300 per treatment.

Package pricing for all our peels is also available since typically a series of treatments is required to achieve optimal results.

Package prices will usually lower the cost of each peel since you are paying for multiple treatments at one time.

The cost of your chemical peel treatment will vary depending on the areas you are having treated as well.

The cost of $75 for a glycolic peel includes treatment of the face, neck and decollete. If you are wanting to treat your arms and hands as well this would be considered a separate treatment for another charge of $75 due to the additional solution that would be used.

Chemical Peel Costs

Light chemical peels such a Jessner's solution cost $175 each and usually need 5-6 peels at 2 weeks apart. 10-15% TCA peels run about $250 each and need 3-5 peels. 20-25% TCA peels run about $500-750 each and most need 2-3 peels. 30-35% TCA peels run about $750-1500 each and 1-2 peels do great for most patients. You also will need a good cortisone lotion, prescription bleaching cream and sunscreen with each peel.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Chemical peel cost or price

Prices for a chemical peel will vary based on the type of peel performed. Some superficial chemical peels can be performed at home and purchased over the counter while others are performed by aestheticians and other non-physicians. Deeper chemical peels will generally require a physician and more intense post treatment care. This will usually result in a higher cost. Deep chemical peels such as phenol require cardiac monitoring which will also add to the cost.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Melarase creams and chemical peels - Melapeel for discoloration and fine wrinkles

The depth of a chemical peel will determine the cost of treatment. Not everyone needs a deep chemical peel. In our office, we perform many lighter peels to reduce pigmentation and fine lines.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

How Much Does a Chemical Peel Cost?

In Cincinnati the average cost for a full face TCA peel is $500-$2000. The cost can depend on whether you are combining procedures. Glycolic peels average about $100.