Brazilian Butt Lift Recovery

I want to go for the Brazilian Butt Lift in March. Can someone tell me what is the usual recovery time for this type of procedure?

Brazilian butt lift recovery

+19

The recovery period for a Brazilian butt lift is about 10-14 days. I typically keep the patient overnight for observation. There is a lot of fluid shift from the liposuction performed and the fluid injected prior to surgery. In addition, if properly done, this is a surgery that takes between 4-6 hrs depending on the projection of the butt that the patient wants.

1.     Do not seat for about 2 weeks. This is very important because prolonged sitting will damage the fat. The fat behaves as a graft (no blood supply) during the first few weeks. Once the fat develops its own blood supply, then, sitting will be recommended.
2. Walk and stretch your legs. You need to move, move, move… This will help  decrease the risk of developing clots.
3. Take ibuprofen 400mg by mouth every 6 hrs around the clock.
4. Do buttock stretching exercises. This will help you recover faster.
5.  Wear your girdle at all times. You can remove it to take a shower;  then, wear the girdle again.
6.  Record the drain output. You will have a drain on your lower back to remove all the fluid that is accumulated. This will give better results.
7. After 2 weeks of sitting, use a cigar shape cushion when sitting. This will bump your buttock and avoid excessive pressure.
8. From the first day after surgery, take water pills for three consecutive days. Your body will be swollen all over because of the fluid shift. This will help getting rid of your swelling.
9. Wear a compression stocking net the first day after surgery to help prevent clots.
10. Drink plenty of fluid; do not get dehydrated.
11. Take clyndamycin for 7 days. This will help decrease the chances of infections.

Recovery time for the Brazilian Buttock Lift

+7

A Brazilian Butt Lift is typically an out-patient procedure, meaning you can have the lift done, and go home the same day, with restrictions. Some patients may choose to stay overnight in a health care facility.

The recovery time for the Brazilian Butt Lift generally involves taking about 1 week away from work, and 3 weeks away from exercise and heavy lifting. Every surgeon will have different requirements that you will be asked to abide by.

Most normal, daily activities can be resumed in about 1 week and a compression garment is worn by patients for a few weeks post-operatively to ensure minimal swelling and smooth results. This helps with the contour of the areas that experienced liposuction. However, please keep in mind that patients can’t sit or lie directly on the area that was grafted for about 14 days after the procedure.

Scott W. Mosser, MD

Brazilian Butt Recovery

+6

In general, Brazilian Butt enhancement require Liposuction of several areas of the body to sculpt those areas and contribute to the butt enhancement. The fat is processed and purified then injected to the buttock, where you desire the enhancement.

The recovery is about one week off work then three weeks of avoiding long sittind periods and avoid heavy activity for three weeks. Wearing the compression Garment for three to six weeks, sitting on a doughnut for three weeks.

Ivest in the recovery time to get the optimal results and THE NEW YOU.

Brazilian Butt Lift Recovery Time

+6

Thanks for the question -

In our san Francisco area practice we typically perform Brazilian butt lifts as outpatient procedures meaning that our patients usually go home the same day. We use a compression garment immediately post-operatively to improve the contour of the areas we have performed liposuction on.

We ask our patients to avoid strenuous exercise for the first two weeks followed by gradually increasing their exercise regimen.

We ask that patients avoid sitting on their buttocks for longer than one hour at a time for about 4 weeks to improve the fat transfer survivability.

Patient's can typically return to their activities of daily living after 2 - 3 days.

I hope this helps!

Steven H. Williams, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift Recovery

+4

Hi Bella,

Different surgeons will likely give you different answers as to what you can and can't do after this surgery, as well as how long you will need off of work.

I have been doing this procedure for a long time, over 12 years, and have tried many different routines. I have changed my suggestions for patients according to my experience and seeing what has worked best for most patients. I cannot tell you that my recommendations are the "right" way or that there is for sure a "wrong way". Some surgeons may have very different recommendation for their patients and still get very good results. However, I have also seen some patients come to me after having this procedure done elsewhere saying that they see no difference, and when I look at their before and after photos, I have no choice but to agree. Fat grafting is a very tenuous and unpredictable procedure. This may be due in part to patients not following their surgeons recommendations. I try to give my patients very explicit instructions as to what you can and can't do.

The Brazilian Buttocks Lift/ Micro Fat Grafting procedure (as it is also known) is a very advanced plastic surgery procedure and is best performed by experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeons. When done well, the results are incomparable! Ask your surgeon for their recommendations.

Dr M

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift Recovery

+3

Your height and weight measurements determine the number of areas where I can harvest fat with VL in order to achieve the outcome you desire. This is something I review iwth Cleveland BBL patients in my Mentor, OH office.

My patients' recovery from Brazilian Butt Lift is based primarily on the number of donor areas. Typically, patients should not sit more than 3 hours in a row for the first 2 weeks. They wear a compression garment for 6 weeks. My patients underoing Brazilian Butt Lift with Vaser lipo resume work a few days after surgery unless they have a very physical job, in which case they are restricted longer. Three weeks before exercising and no hot tub or hot baths for 3 wks. I encourage my patients to have massage therapy starting a few days after surgery for 6-12 weeks, depending on swelling and stiffness of the tissues.

Bruising is usually minimal, but during the initial 7-10 days after the procedure, I tell my Mentor Vaser liposuction patients not to do any tanning or heavy sun exposure because the blood in the skin with UV activation can stimulate pigment tattooing in the skin which can be difficult to improve.

I hope this was helpful.

To your health & beauty,

Dr. Paul Vanek, Board Certified Cleveland Area Plastic Surgeon

Paul Vanek, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Butt recovery

+3

Bella,

Hello again. You will be up and walking on the day of surgery and performing activities of daily living probably the day or two after surgery. It is best to get at least a full week off from work if you can. I restrict my Brazilian butt lift patients from sitting directly on their buttocks for a full two weeks. This does not mean that you can't sit at all. Stools or open back chairs are acceptable, as well as, placing pillows or blankets/sheets under your thighs to raise your buttocks up off the chair. Much of the recovery depends on your level of pain tolerance. Each surgeon may have his/her own set of restrictions for the recovery period, so see your local board certified plastic surgeon for specific instructions. Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Back to work from 9-15 days and recovery in 6-8 weeks

+2

Recovery time for Brazilian Butt lift varies depending on the procedure but it is generally in the 9-15 day range to go back to work and 6-8 weeks for recovery. Minimize seating or use a donut to avoid complications.

Jonathan Fisher, MD

Recover after Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

You will feel like new in 2-3 weeks. Recovery from any procedure and pain tolerance is very individual. Recovery from the liposuction part of the surgery is quick. You can shower the next day and wear the garment again. Your pain and discomfort form the liposuction will be gone within a few short days.

Most of the discomfort will be a muscular pressure type of discomfort that is limited to the buttocks. You will get pain medication and muscle relaxants that will really help with the pain. Probably 70% of the discomfort will be gone after the first week and the remainder by two weeks.

You need to be up and around and active the day after surgery. The worst thing to do is to lay around. Sitting is not a good idea especially for the first 2-3 weeks. The buttock may flatten and its not comfortable anyway.

A large percentage of the swelling, around 40% will come down by 4 weeks. Another 30-40% of the swelling will come down bt 3-4 months. It takes a full 9-12 months for everything to heal and fully soften.

Hope this has been helpful! 

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Recovery after Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

Thank you for your question.  I instruct my patients not to sit on their augmented buttocks for 2 weeks. You can generally resume exercise after 6-8 weeks.  It can take up to one year to see your final result.

Andrew Jimerson, MD