How Long Does Botox Last?

How long does Botox last? What determines how long it will work for me?

Botox Cosmetic lasts 3 to 6 months

Botox Cosmetic lasts a variable amount in each person. I usually tell my patients that it will last somewhere between 3 and 6 months.

People with heavier frown lines tend to have stronger muscles and in turn tend to see the motion of the muscle return quicker than those with less bulky muscles in the area between the brows. In some men and even some women with prominent muscles, it may only last 2-3 months.

You will typically see a return of the movement of the muscle prior to the deepening of the furrows caused by the contraction of that muscle. At that time, it is best to get back in for another treatment of Botox Cosmetic. This way you are not letting the furrows or lines to continue to worsen.

Naples Plastic Surgeon