How many milligrams of Singulair should a person take to help with the development of CC from Breast augmentation?

Singulair dose

+1

If you have a capsular contracture starting, the dose is 10 mg daily, and most surgeons prescribe a 3 month course. Don't stop massage or any other suggested therapy, as they all may help by differing mechanisms.

Thanks for your question, best wishes.

Singulair for Capsular contraction

+1

I recommend 10mg Singulair ( 1 tablet) at night for 3 months.  Works best if started early when encapsulation if noted.  This is a costly drug but could save you having revision surgery.  Good luck.

Christopher J. Inglefield, MBBS, FRCS
London Plastic Surgeon

Singulair and capsular contracture

+1

The dose for singular is usually 10mg by mouth once a day for about three months.  Most plastic surgeons believe that this will help if the capsular contracture is detected early, and the singulair is started early.  I would definitely recommend that you discuss the dosing and efficacy of singulair in the treatment of capsular contracture with your plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Singulair medication for capsular contraction after breast augmentation

+1

10 mg of singulair once a day for 3 months is what I've been doing for some time. The only other caveat is that often insurance companies will not cover the cost of it.  I hope this helps!

James F. Boynton, MD, FACS

Singulair and capsular contracture

+1

I give my patients 10mg daily for three months.  This is by no means a guaranteed treatment as the studies and really small but the risks are rather low, and it may help you breathe better too.  I do a three month course and then re-evaluate.  Talk with your ps to see if this might be something you can try.  

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS