How many milligrams of Singulair should a person take to help with the development of CC from Breast augmentation?

Once a day 10 mg

The major study that showed the efficacy of Sigulair for Capsular contracture was dosed at 10mg a day for 3 months.  My personal experience shows that this is effective at least 50% of the time.

436 N. Bedford Dr.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Singulair dose

If you have a capsular contracture starting, the dose is 10 mg daily, and most surgeons prescribe a 3 month course. Don't stop massage or any other suggested therapy, as they all may help by differing mechanisms.

Thanks for your question, best wishes.

1110 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Singulair for Capsular contraction

I recommend 10mg Singulair ( 1 tablet) at night for 3 months.  Works best if started early when encapsulation if noted.  This is a costly drug but could save you having revision surgery.  Good luck.

Christopher J. Inglefield, MBBS, FRCS
London Plastic Surgeon

54 Wimpole Street

Singulair and capsular contracture

The dose for singular is usually 10mg by mouth once a day for about three months.  Most plastic surgeons believe that this will help if the capsular contracture is detected early, and the singulair is started early.  I would definitely recommend that you discuss the dosing and efficacy of singulair in the treatment of capsular contracture with your plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

8106 North May Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73120

Singulair medication for capsular contraction after breast augmentation

10 mg of singulair once a day for 3 months is what I've been doing for some time. The only other caveat is that often insurance companies will not cover the cost of it.  I hope this helps!

James F. Boynton, MD, FACS

1900 St. James Place
Houston, TX 77056

Singulair and capsular contracture

I give my patients 10mg daily for three months.  This is by no means a guaranteed treatment as the studies and really small but the risks are rather low, and it may help you breathe better too.  I do a three month course and then re-evaluate.  Talk with your ps to see if this might be something you can try.  

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

7700 Cat Hollow Drive
Round Rock, TX 78681