Petite, Naturally Large Breasts for my Frame, Getting Lift and Implants. What Size? (photo)

I am 5"4 and 115 lbs and have large natural breasts most my life. I used to be heavier several years ago, and recently noticed that my breasts are a bit floppy. I would like to restore their fullness and perkiness. The biggest size I've ever been is a 32G, now I'm maybe a 32DD. I want my implants to be high, full, perky and large, but just don't know about size! Doctor put down 375 - 400+ but depends on what fits safely. Pic on left is me, right abt what I'm going for. Feedback PLEASE!

Sizing

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift

+1

If you are size 32 DD and want tro be a G that requires 2 cup size increase, which would be about 200 cc of implant.  I recommend you undergo a lift through a circumareola approach leaving only a circumareola scar.  With this technique your breast tissue and areolas can be lifted and implants placed high on the chest wall to give you the projection you desire.  You may be a candidate for a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Be careful what you ask for when going for large breasts.

+1

In a case where you have a large amount of breast tissue for your frame, but it is out of place (saggy), consider a breast lift first. If you are still wanting a bit more volume afterwards, then the consideration of implants is warranted. However, your breasts have already shown a propensity to stretch and sag. Adding large implants may give you a look you want this year, but is more than likely to lead to bottoming out, stretching of the skin, and multiple revisions as the years go by.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

You example picture is not realistic

+1

Your have chosen a patient with implants only and you can not have the same results since your breast is different than the patient in the picture. I would offer lift first and augmentation later since you start with a large breast. The concern is that your breast will slide off the implants.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

. What Size?

+1

The goal photo you show are quite large.

To choose a size that you see as a goal, you can try on implants, use some of the imaging software that some surgeons have, and/or look at photos in some of the data bases where you can find patients of similar height and weight and see what size implants gave results similar to your desire.

Without an in person exam I could not say for sure if I thought it would be safer to do this in two stages, but I would ask your surgeon's opinion on that.

Thanks for your question and for the photos. 

Petite, Naturally Large Breasts for my Frame, Getting Lift and Implants. What Size?

+1

Thanks for the question and posted photos. The desired result has a large implant without a lift!!! You might consider staging the operation to full Lift first than a second operation of large implant. Just a thought. 

Lift and aug

+1

If one of my patients wants to be really big like you I usually do them in stages.First the mastopexy then the aug.Soemtimes it is difficult to do a lift and turn around and put in a large implant.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants combined with breast lifts

+1

You may be surprised at what size is needed for an implant to be placed in your breast combined with a lift to be able to give you a full round shape for the breasts.  I have had a patient several years ago who had been a D or DD and was a petite sized person.  The implants that I used were only 300cc. and the patient's final size was a FF or G cup.  Don't be so concerned about the size of the implants.  Be more concerned about the overall shape, and most importantly always be concerned about the advice the Plastic Surgeon is offering to you in terms of safety.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.  It is also helpful that you have selected a " goal” picture;  this will be helpful in the communication process. Keep in mind, that sometimes goals cannot necessarily be met precisely ( realistic expectations are important). I try to remind all patients undergoing breast augmentation/lifting surgery, that this  combined operation  does tend to have more potential risk/complications associated with it, compared to  either one of the operations done separately. Also, patients should understand that the aesthetic results of this  combined operation do not necessarily match that of patients who have undergone breast augmentation only.

Based on your history and photographs, I think breast augmentation/lifting is the way to go. In regards to the appropriate breast implant size/profile, your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise you ( as opposed to online consultants).

Again,during the planning  phase of your  breast augmentation/lifting surgery it  will be very important to communicate goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “DD cup”  center means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
 I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.