Is my 36D Size Breast Ok? (photo)

hey! I am 29 yrs old with 36D breast.5' 3'' tall .Do my breasts need to lift or my nipple upper.I want full balanced breasts.

Correcting Breast Sag

+1

Your pictures suggest significant breast sag which would benefit from a breast lift utilizing an anchor incision.

Each patient has unique aesthetic goals and specific anatomic findings that must be considered when making decisions about this type of surgery. For instance, in some cases, decreasing breast size may be a consideration and breast reduction should be part of the procedure. In other cases, patients may want larger breasts. Under these circumstances it may be appropriate to add a breast implant to increase breast volume.

Based on your concerns, consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate. This surgeon will help you determine which option is best for you. 

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift by repositioning breast tissue

+1

Auto augmentation mastopexy is a surgery that repositions your own breast tissue into a more pleasing and comfortable position.  Auto-augmentation mastopexy makes the breasts only as much bigger as there is lower pole breast tissue available to move into the upper pole.  The lower pole tissue that is moved up is fixed in place with sutures to the pectoral fascia, so it is not possible for the relocated tissue to ‘drop’.  

Breast implants add volume (and weight) to the breasts while auto-augmentation really does not.  Additionally, implants augment the entire breast, while auto-augmentation augments the upper pole only.  So for many reasons auto-augmentation results tend to be less prone to recurrence of droopiness.

Other advantages of auto-augmentation mastopexy:

#1 - Zero need for implant surveillance and possible replacement

Also:

Zero risk of capsular contracture

Zero risk of implant migration / malposition

Zero risk of visible fold/ripples

Zero risk of implant infection

Auto-augmentation mastopexy is absolutely the procedure of choice for a patient who wants a breast lift, who will not have adequate upper pole fullness without an implant or auto-augmentation, and who is happy with the amount of breast issue that she is starting with.  If a patient wants a lift AND fuller breasts (i.e. increase in true cup size), then an implant is required.

It is important to understand that there is no plastic surgery procedure for which the results do not change over time.  Skin is elastic and stretchy and so is breast tissue, and that ‘stretchiness’  increases with age.  The elasticity of skin and soft tissue is genetically determined, and it therefore varies widely from patient to patient.  So it is impossible to predict for any one patient how long it will be, if ever, before they feel they need a secondary mastopexy – which in most cases is just a touch-up procedure and not nearly as extensive as the original mastopexy.  Certainly if a patient has breast stretchmarks and thin breast skin from multiple pregnancies, then that patient is more likely to need a secondary mastopexy at an earlier date than a patient with thicker skin and better skin and breast tissue tone. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

36D breast opinion

+1
Your breasts appear to be a good size for you, but you really need a lift to make the breast shape and the nipples perkier.

Frederick G. Weniger, MD, FACS
Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a breast lift?

+1
You have full D cup breasts, but they are quite overhanging and the nipples are at the very bottom of your breasts and down-pointing.  You would certainly benefit from a breast lift to shift the nipples to a higher position, reduce the areolar size, as well as to reduce the overhang and reshape the breasts.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

A lift could give you full, balanced breasts.

+1
From what you’re describing as your goal, I think a breast lift is likely to give you the look you’re hoping for. During a lift, your existing breast tissue is reshaped and moved up higher on your chest, and any extra skin is removed. Your nipples and areola will be recentered, and can be made smaller at the same time if you wish. The end result should be a high, firm profile looks perkier and more youthful. If you are concerned about any volume loss, you can also include breast implants at the same time for an additional boost in cup size.

David N. Sayah, MD, FACS

Breast Lift

+1

A breast lift (mastopexy) would be the answer to your problems. A lift will tighten the breast tissue, raise the nipples and remove excess skin. The breasts may even appear to be slightly smaller and perkier after the procedure. If you want to add more volume and upper pole fullness, then breast implants can be considered.

A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will provide you with your options. There are a few methods for breast lifting that exist and many different scar options as well. This will be discussed with you during your consultation.

Louis C. Cutolo, Jr., MD, FACS

Breast Lift Surgery

+1

A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is necessary to give you a more personal assessment, but you appear to be a viable candidate for breast lift surgery based on your photos. During the procedure, excess breast tissue is removed, the nipple will be moved up, and the remaining tissue will be lifted and tightened to create more youthful-looking, balanced breasts. Some women receive breast implants during breast lift surgery in order to additionally add volume. I would suggest scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your specific options.

David Whiteman, MD

Is my 36D Size Breast Ok? (photo) ANS:

+1

I think you would really benefit from a lift. You do have a bit of droop. Your breasts are sitting on your tummy and your nipple is the lowest part of the breast and you have lost fullness in the upper part....A breast lift would fix all of these things. Now it's just finding the right time!!!

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift candidate?

+1

You would benefit from a formal breastlift with either a lollipop or anchor incision. Your breasts do sit low, and the lift would help better center your nipple and breast on your chest. If you are willing to accept the associated scars for better contour and position, that would be the way to go. Your cup size may come down up to one size with the lift.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Breast Lifting Necessary?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Good advice would necessitate an in-person examination and a full communication of your goals. For example, I would want to know what you mean by “full balanced breasts”. The use of goal  pictures would be helpful in this communication process.

Based on the photographs alone, I think you will do well with some degree of breast lifting.Breast lifting procedures are associated with scars on the breasts;  exactly where these scars will be located will depend on the patient's physical examination and specific procedure performed.   Ideally it is best to do this procedure when you completed pregnancies and are a long-term stable relationship.

Most patients undergoing this procedure at the right time in their lives will accept scarring as long as their overall goals in regards to size, shape, contour and symmetry are met. 
In person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be the best place to start.  As you do your “homework” you will learn about the potential risks/complications.  Again, consider issues such as timing of the surgery in relation to your life circumstances ( such as relationships and/or pregnancies). 
Make sure you do your due diligence and see lots of examples of the plastic surgeons'  work.