Do You Have to Have Breast Tissue Removed when Getting a Breast Lift?

i went to a consultation in Austin Texas for a breast lift only and wanted an idea of how small my breast would be after. i have a small c right now and am comfortable with the amount of tissue i already have. the doctor i saw told me i would probably have an A because he has to remove a small amount of tissue to do a lift.

Do You Have to Have Breast Tissue Removed when Getting a Breast Lift

The amount of tissue removed for a standard breast lift is trivial--about a tablespoon in volume from each side. 

But, the breast may look smaller anyway. Stand if front of a mirror and raise one arm overhead, then switch arms. Most women will notice that the lifted breast looks up to a cup size smaller. In a bra there would be no change, but often the sagging breast looks bigger than it really is. 

By the way, the amount of tissue removal to go down one and one-half cup sizes is about 300 cc. If you look at a  300 cc implant with your surgeon, I don't think he/she would say that is the amount coming out with a lift. It is never a bad idea to seek another in person consultation for another opinion. 

Thanks for your question. Best wishes.