My Breast Look Square and High Up After Breast Augmentation? (photo)

I got 600 cc High Profile Saline implants on Nov. 1st ,2012. They are stiff and look like jellybeans. They don't really have any round shape to them. I just started massaging them because they don't hurt anymore. I have had them exactly one week and I'm freaking out. I just want them to drop and look normal. Did I get them too big? Is there anything wrong with them? Anything I can do to make them more round? I was a 34 c pre- surgery.

My Breast Look Square and High Up

+2

It is quite common for implants to appear "high riding" at a week after surgery, and they can be expected to "drop" over the course of 3 months as the pectoral muscles relax to accommodate these. 

As to the choice of size, that is hard to answer without preop photos and breast measurement.They do look quite large for your frame, and that may be contributing to the appearance. The width of a 600 HP implant is just under 14 cm, and many surgeons would restrict their use to patients whose breast width is 14 cm.

At any rate, work on massage and if you don't have a pectoral strap, ask your surgeon if you should be using one. 

Thanks for you question, and best wishes. 

My Breast Look Square and High Up After Breast Augmentation?

+1
It is has been common for the immediate post-operative appearance of breast implants to be high riding and you are well served to massage them down.  Work with your surgeon, but I would suggest being very diligent about your massage exercises to assist in getting them into a lower position.  

For more information, please go to my website at:
WirthPlasticSurgery.com

Garrett A. Wirth, MD, FACS

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
Your muscles are pushing the implant where they can and that is up thats why the implants look boxy it will take a few months for things to settle but I doubt they will be perfectly round in the end

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

34 C and 600 cc Implants at One Week

+1

If you were a C before, you will likely be a DD after.  This is a very large augmentation, and the body will take several months with massage to determine the final result.  The implants will drop significantly.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Hughesplasticsurgery Los Angeles, CA

Excessive fullness following augmentation

+1

is a very common event.  You should work with your surgeon who should be reassuring you about what is in your future and that they will come down.  He/She has a post-op program that will help you achieve the look you want.

Curtis Wong, MD

POst-op breast augmentation

+1

Yes, your impalnts are very high and only one week post-op. They should drop with time. Follow closely with your surgeon.

Post op

+1

The implants are riding quite high and there is more than likely significant post operative swelling. Give healing more time.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast Implants Riding High After Surgery

+1

Dear Elza,

Thank you for sharing your photo.

It seems that you are exhibiting the ideal case of implants high riding the upper pole of breasts.

It would have been helpful to have your pre-op photos posted but assuming that the pocket were created correctly for large implants as the 600cc HP you will need some assistance to help the implants drop - an compression garment may be what you are looking for.

At this point, I encourage you to discuss the aforementioned option with your surgeon as he/she knows the full details of your surgery and can help you find a custom solution to have the implants drop into where they are supposed to do.

Also, since your implants are riding high you may notice that your nipples are somehow looking down but the most noticeable feature in the photo is the "bean shaped". So, making sure that your implants are going to settle into their pockets naturally is what you will need to accomplish.

I hope this helps and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Hello

+1

What is going on is that your implants are riding high, your muscle is in spasm and its holding them up. That is very normal early on from surgery. In our practice we give our patients a breast band to help push the implants down into the pockets. If you don't do that they will heal up there. You need to ask your PS what you can wear to push them down sooner rather then later.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS