Breasts Warm To Touch 2 Weeks Post-Op- Normal?

I had BA 12 days ago. My breasts feel so warm around nipple area, Not sure if im getting an infection or what. Also, please view my pics. I had BA , high profile as he recommended, smooth round silicone 375 implants. Will these eventually drop, or will they be this high for high for good. I absolutely detest this look and it's disturbing me. He also made them much smaller than i requested.

The look and feel right after breast augmentation

+2

The first two weeks the breast can feel warm and heavy without infection, though stay in touch with your surgeon as he has the 'full picture' of your recovery. Presently your breast does look rather 'stuffed' and round and will relax as the skin envelop of the breast stretches and gives to accommodate the implant. Will your breast stay this way? This will be limited by the ability of the skin to relax and allow the implant to settle in. Remember you are smaller than you requested, and are asking a lot of the breast tissue in a very short time, just 12 days.

peterejohnsonmd

Warm Breasts After Surgery

+1
You are still early on in your recovery. During this time, your body is repairing itself and that's probably why your breasts feel warm. Your breasts are still sitting high since they haven't "dropped and fluffed".

If you have any concerns, please talk to your surgeon. Best of luck.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Breast Augmentation Recovery

+1

Hello ~

It is not at all abnormal to develop the symptoms of warmness you are describing early in the post-operative process. Nonetheless, I would recommend following up with your plastic surgeon to ensure that your recovery is progressing. 

Regarding the look of your breasts, again, you are very early in the healing process. In the months to come, your breasts will settle and take on a much more natural look. I recommend discussing your concerns with your plastic surgeon.

Kindest Regards~

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Warm to touch

+1

Swelling alone is a process that will produce some warmth to the touch...but so is infection.  This isn't something that can be diagnosed from your photo and I would suggest a visit back to your surgeon if you are concerned.

Scott E. Newman, MD, FACS

Warmth and breast implant position

+1

It's not unusual to feel a plethora of symptoms in the early period after your surgery. Sometimes these symptoms, of pressure, warmth, numbess, tingling, shifting, can be felt in one breast or in both. You should exercise good judgement and communicate with your doctor about any possible infection. Breast implant infection typically presents moer with redness, pain that continues to worsen, fevers, chills, discharge, pus, etc. This can happen anywhere from several days to a week to many months after surgery. In addition, it's not uncommon to have your implants riding in a higher than desired position initially after surgery. Wearing a bra strap for several weeks and massaging the implants can help move them into their final position. Remember, choosing an arbtriary breast implant size is not the correct decision. Your anatomy dictates what implant can be placed safely, and one that will result in a cosmetically appropriate appearance. Maintain excellent communication with your surgeon and follow up on all concerns.

Jeffrey D. Hoefflin, MD

Recovery after Breast Surgery

+1

Please follow up with your surgeon regularly to address the "warm breasts".  Usually, if you have an infection, you will have redness, fever/chills, discharge, etc.  It is too early to assess the size and shape of your breasts as they will continue to heal, swelling will subside, implants will settle into the pocket, and the size and shape will change.  Allow yourself healing time and communicate with your surgeon.

Post op breast Augmentation

+1

The warmness that you feel is probably nothing. Some patients have hypersensitivity of the nipples in the early post operative period. If you can move both implants with significant pain, I would doubt you have an infection. Yes your implants are high but they will tend to soften and settle in the next two months. I agree that these are questions you should be discussing with your plastic surgeons

Richard Linderman, MD

Is this normal after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Nadia, these are all good questions, but what I worry about is why you need the answers to your question by surgeons other than the one who performed your procedure. 

To be clear, what I mean, is that these and many other issues concerning breast augmentation surgery should have been clearly and fully discussed with you by your surgeon before surgery.  I spend so much time going over what to expect after surgery, including what is normal and what is abnormal.  Also, sizing is so important when planning to undergo breast augmentation that, at my practice, we spend time at each of your pre operative appointments to try on different sized implants in order to make sure we are all on the same page and there is no room for error.  Did you have these discussions with your surgeon?

Nevertheless, to help answer your questions now I would still refer you to your surgeon, whom you should be seeing on a regular basis:

1. Your breast do not appear to be infected from the picture you posted.  Temperature changes in the skin is an inacurrate way to determine if there is a possible infection.

2. The breasts are swollen so soon after surgery and it will take a while for the implants to drop into a better position and the shape of your breasts to improve.  This is normal and supportive garments and massage are the best things to do at this time.

3.  The size is a personal decision, but at this time, it is better to wait for everything to heal and settle into final position before making any major decisions or changes.

Hope this helps you feel better.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon