How Do I Heal a Little Bump on my Cartilage Piercing?

One month ago I got my cartilage with a gun at Claire's. I always cleaned it with their solution and it doesn't hurt much or anything. Today I was cleaning it and I noticed a mini bump on the back of it. I think it's a hyperthropic scar and not a keloid but I can't truly tell. I just cleaned it with the solution for Claire's and put Gentamicin 0.1% to see if it helps. Is there anything better I should do to clean it? Also is it only removed with surgery?

Fixing ear keloids and ear hypertrophic scars

+1

This bump may be a result of early keloid formation or inflammation.  Either way, you should have it evaluated and treated early. See our photos of ear keloids and hypertrophic scars. 

Mederma / Contractubex creams can help with hypertrophic scarring.

+1

From what you say, this looks like a hypertrophic scar, or a keloid, but if its just a day that you noticed it, could be an infection as well.  Mederma/ Contractubex, for a few weeks, work for a hypertrophic scar, but you might want to consult your doctor for best results!

Renita Lourdhurajan, MD, DNB
India Dermatologist