Always Hated my Face Shape -Eyes Are Aging Fast. What Can I Do?

For a life time I have been avoiding pictures and my lack of confidence has been taking a toll in my personal relationships as I consider myself plain ugly. The picture number 1, no make up at all, and I confess, one of my bad pics...My eye area looks terrible, droopy, hollow, old and the face shape...thinner in chin area and sunken cheeks. Pic 2 is ok, a good pic day, some makeup that helped, still, same problems. I am 32...what would you recommend to make me look better ?

Face surgery

+1

Surgical intervention for someone at the age of 32 is usually about creating more harmony in facial features as opposed to rejuvenation.  While it's very difficult to make recommendations based on the photos you supplied, a few things are generally true:

1) Anything that opens the eyes will almost always make someone more attractive. 

In your case this means elevating the brows (as part of a browlift) and narrowing the nose (as part of a rhinoplasty.

2) Strong chins are masculine

While it's hard to tell from the photos, it looks like your chin might be a bit boxy and over-projected. Reducing it may help.

3) Everyone looks better with nice skin.

Check with a local experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Besides rendering a more grounded opinion on your face, they will often offer useful skin care products.

Reston Plastic Surgeon

Unhappiness With Facial Shape Requires Structural Changes

+1

When someone 'hates' their face at such a young age, it has more to do with its structural elements than it has to do with problems of aging. This means the underlying structures that make up the shape and highlights of the face. You have some facial imbalances with low and medially tilted brows, wide nose, gummy smile, and a wide and long chin. I suspect the combination of these features creates an overall facial look that you do not like. Procedures such as an endoscopic browlift, rhinoplasty, and chin reduction collectively would change the perception of your face to a softer and more youthful appearance due to a better balance of our overall facial features. Computer imaging would help determine if such changes would create the improved look that you seek. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

32 year old with unhappy periorbital area

+1

You seem to have heavy, hooded upper lids, some "11's" present, and premature sagging of the brow.  You may want to consider a brow lift, endoscopic.  This seems like a lot for a young person, but I think that it will not only rejuvenate the area, it will also change the aesthetic of the area.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Facial shape and what will improve it.

+1

It would help to see profile and relaxed facial photos. Refinement of your nose and reduction of your chin would help greatly. You may benefit from a forehead lift as well. See a very experienced facial surgeon for the best result.