Sinus Discomfort Post-blephroplasty - Will It Go Away?

I'm 3 weeks post upper/lower blephroplasty and have recently developed constant discomfort in the sinus below one of my eyes. Is this a typical after effect that will just resolve in time?

+2

Sinus discomfort after blepharoplasty is not a normal finding.  You need to see your surgeon to make sure that there is no connection to the blepharoplasty.  If not (which is likely), see an ENT physician for your sinus problem.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

The Two Are Not Related

+1

Sinus discomfort should have nothing to do with your blepharoplasty.  I would suggest you see your primary care physician and request a sinus xray.

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Discomfort After Blepharoplasty

+1

There is no relationship between sinus pain and eyelid surgery.  These are separate and unrelated processes.  I would recommend that you see you Primary Care Physician for guidance and an Otolaryngologist if the problem persists.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sinus pain after blephroplasty is not normal.a

+1

Sinus pain after blephroplasty is not normal as the two are not related. See your surgeon and if he thinks it is sinus pain, he will refer you to an ENT surgeon.

"Sinus Pain after Blepharoplasty"

+1

This is not a typical complaint following blepharoplasty.  This should be evaluated further by an otolaryngolgist (ENT) if it persists.  This type of pain does occur or is associated with nasal resconstructive surgery or cosmetic nasal surgery such as rhinoplasty.

Gregory Branham, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sinus and post-blepharoplasty

+1

Discomfort over one sinue is not normal after a blepharoplasty. Are you sure they are associated? Maybe you should see an ENT specialist.

This would not be normal.

+1

I think that it would be a mistake to assume that the sensation you are attributing to the sinus is typical.  It is not.  It may or may not be related to your eyelid surgery.  I think this needs to be worked up.  You should certainly let your surgeon know what is going on.  It is reasonable to have them assess you but you may need to also see an ENT for this issue.

Sinus pain after blepharoplasty

+1

Anatomically, the sinuses are far away from the eyelids and the areas, where eyelid surgery is performed. Either, your pain just appears to originate from the sinuses but it is really related to the eyelids. Alternatively, your sinus discomfort (and most likely you are referring to the maxillary or "cheek bone" sinus) gives you trouble as a coincidence.

You should mention it to your blepharoplasty surgeon and follow his advice.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

No this compliant is NOT the norm following a lower lid blepharoplasty. See an ENT doctor for evaluation. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski