Hate Being 34DD Wanted to Be 34C. Wish to Downsize 3yr Implants from 450ccs to at Least 300ccs? (photo)

Im 28 yrsold,5'7",130lbs,2pregnancies prior to aug, 1preg after augmentation. High pro saline under muscle 420 filled to 450. 2 docs seen for revision said I will not need a lift when downsizing & suggested at least 150ccs less. I wear 34DD with every bra brand & wish to be 34C max. I want a smaller look. Doc says breast will look exactly the same shape just smaller. Doc Says I Will NOT Need Lift? Will revision put me at higher risk of something going wrong? Capsu contr?Bottom out?Hard?Or will body heal fine since 1st time went well.

Large breast implants downsizing with out a lift

+3

It is hard to tell with out a proper physical exam. Looking at the pictures I have a feeling if you down size the implants by at least 100cc there is a chance you will need some type of lift to give the beast aesthetic results with the downside of more scars on the breast. The fact that you are young and probably have good skin elasticity it is possible that the skin will contract some and you maybe ok with out the lift. one option is to down size and see how it contracts. If you are not happy you can have a breast lift later.

Best of Luck!

Web reference: http://www.talroudnerplasticsurgery.com/breastaugmentation.php

Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Downsizing implants

+2

Thank you for the pictures.  It is hard to assess the quality of your skin but from the pictures it looks in good condition.  When downsizing implants you should expect a little sagging, one way to correct this is with a periareolar mastopexy.  This will tighten the skin and decrease the diameter of your areola.  I hope this helps you.

Kindest regards

Neil J. Zemmel

Web reference: https://www.richmondplasticsurgery.com

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Downsizing implants

+2

Downsizing is a possibility, but remember the breasts may sag a bit as you go down. One consideration, and this is based upon an exam, is to perform a circumareola reduction to make the areola smaller and tighten the skin envelope a bit....just a thought.

+2

Nobody can predict the future with absolute accuracy, and therefore nobody can tell you with certainty that you will or will not "heal fine".  Every procedure is accompanied by risk, including aesthetic risks, implant related risks, and medical risk.  You look very nice from every direction shown.  My recommendation would be to keep current implants unless you are absolutely miserable with them.  Both size and shape are superb.

Web reference: http://www.feelbeautiful.com

Downsizing Breast Implants

+2

Anytime you have any kind of procedure there is a small risk.  For breast implants that includes capsular contracture, infection, and bottoming out, however,  the risk is minimal. If you feel that your current size is too big than downsizing is good option.

One advantage of having saline implants is that if you do choose to go down in size, you can have them deflated in the office a few weeks before the surgery to allow your skin to accommodate and tighten up before replacing with a smaller implant.  This reduces the likelyhood of needing a breast lift and can allow for more precise placement of the new smaller implant.

Downsizing Should Not Increase Complications

+2

I think that you will probably be pleased with simply downsizing from your 450cc implants  to about 300cc.  There should not be an increase in complication rate and capsular contracture is unlikely.  You can always have a small lift later if you wish, but I don't think it will be necessary.

Wish to Downsize 3yr Implants from 450ccs to at Least 300ccs?

+2

From your photos, it appears that, with your arms lifted to take the photo, your nipples are a bit low and your breast "skin envelope" seems like it is somewhat large.  It is difficult to say without examining you and getting an idea of your skin tone and elasticity, but I suspect that you may end up needing a breast lift if you significantly reduce your implant size.  If you breast skin was fairly loose from pregnancy and nursing before your augmentation, a 150cc reduction in implant size may "reveal" some of that initial laxity and lead to your needing a breast lift.  If your skin was fairly tight, it may redrape sufficiently without a lift.  The best course might be to reduce your implant size and you can always have a breast lift later if you need one.

Web reference: http://www.seattleplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-surgery.html

Downsizing Breast Augmentation

+2

It is not uncommon to see women wanting to downsize their implants.  Motives that drove the surgeon to place implants that were ultimately too large range from patient demands to drooping breasts that 'needed' a large implant.  Regardless, the task of the surgeon is now to make the breast smaller and also preserve or enhance it's shape.

The volumes you mentioned (420 filled to 450) sound like either a Natrelle moderate profile implant filled to capacity, or a Mentor high profile implant filled to the low end of it's available range (420 to 500).  Which one it is may influence the type of implant that will be chosen, however, I agree the new size should be 150 cc (or 25%) less volume than you have now.

It is always challenging to look at photos and make this sort of prediction, but I believe that you will not need a lift.  There does appear to be some discrepancy in the position of your nipples which may be photographic artifact or the real situation.  If that is the case, a discussion should be had regarding it's correction if possible.  Frequently internal pocket adjustments are made to accommodate the smaller implant as well.

Web reference: http://www.drminniti.com

Hate Being 34DD Wanted to Be 34C.

+2

I think your doctor is probably right. I definitely would not do a lift at this time. Wait at least 3 months after downsizing the implants to allow your tissues to adjust, then decide if a lift is necessary.

Downsizing breast implants

+2

In general, it is best to go at least 100ccs down to be worth doing it.  As far as needing a lift, your photos show that there IS a possibility that a lift might be valuable but you can always wait 6 months until all healing is done and see what you think.