Fixing Capsular Contracture - Odds of Reoccurance?

I got my first implants about 8 years ago (425's) and then replaced them with 625's filled to 700 a year later to achieve more upper fulless. I have CC in the right breast and could live with it but now it is getting real snoppy like and in my bras and bathing suits it appears high in the cleavage area. I would like to get it fixed and while doing so get a snoopy lift (making nipple smaller) and going down to 550. Do you think that is possible and would work? Do you think I'd get it again?

Implant revision for capsular contracture

+2

The solution for capsular contracture can be elusive, with recurrence rates of perhaps 50%. Often individuals can live with quite alot of firmness, though if the implant pushed up and the nipple low over the implant (snoopy) a reduction of the size, and a lift to get the nipple up front and center may be tolerable even if the capsule comes back. Current thinking is an 'allograft' can help, though the material is expensive.

Fixing Capsular Contracture

+2

This can require rather delicate judgement even after an in person consultation. On line is still more difficult, and without photos..........

Please consider attaching some photos showing at least the current situation. 
If the breast is already sagging and volume of the implants will be decreased, you may find that you need more that the kind of lift you are talking about. 

As far as the contracture goes, there are a number of factors to consider in minimizing the chance of recurrence. Sometimes this requires a position change, and sometimes the addition of an ADM (acellular dermal matrix) is best. 

You seem ready for an in person consultation. RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org) also has listings for your area Cross referencing these to the RealSelf listings assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank your for your question, best wishes.

Preventing a recurrent capsular contracture

+1

If you have had 2 previous capsular contractures then the odds of another problem area very high.  You may want to consider the use of an interposition graft using Strattise.  This has been shown clinically to reduce the risk of recurrence.  I would not place too much emphasis on Singular or Vitamin E.

Capsular Contracture Recurrence Rate Is High

+1

The recurrence rate of capsular contracture when treated operatively is quite high.  Your implants (700cc) are way too large which significantly increases the chance of contracture.  Your best chance for preventing recurrent contracture would be to replace the implants with much smaller implants which are placed in a virginal area.

John Whitt, MD

Capsular contractures

+1

Correcting capsular contractures usually require at a minimum removing the capsule and changing the implant.  Sometimes strattice is used as well.