What is Gore-tex and when is it used?

Gore-Tex Is A Man-made Material Used To RaiseThe Bridge Of The Nose.

Dear Alloy-Smile; Gore-Tex, an implant material, has been around a long time. Because you are from Wisconsin where it gets very cold (I know; I attended the University of Wisconsin), you might know that Gore-Tex was originally used as a ski jacket material because it retains heat. Then other uses were discovered. Gore-Tex is reasonably well tolerated by the body.This has always been an important issue when implants are going to be put in the nose.I am wondering what specific imperfection in your nose makes you believe that Gore-Tex would be helpful.If your bridge is very low, it may be a reasonable answer.Generally, the material does better on the bridge than it does on the tip of the nose. There are other implant materials that are used and, frankly, Gore-Tex has never been my number one choice.One reason is that if the implant does not seat itself in the ideal location and it becomes necessary to remove, it's difficult because your body's tissues grow into the Gore-Tex. I prefer the solid silicone implants.Silicone implants with no holes are very easy to remove, and that's important.To me, the ideal implant is one that is easy to put in and easy to remove.Silicone implants have withstood the test of time in the United States for over 60 years.Medical-grade silicone is used in common medical devices including internally-placed defibrillators, artificial joints and artificial heart valves.Of course, I am proud to say it is also the material of which the Kotler Nasal Airway™ is made.If you are considering nasal surgery, check out the Kotler Nasal Airway™ and learn why patients and doctors are jumping on this invention to improve the immediate postoperative patient experience. Best wishes and On Wisconsin! Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Over 4,500 nasal procedures performed
Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON
Author, THE ESSENTIAL COSMETIC SURGERY COMPANION