The right side of my nose is slightly sunken near the tip. Can I build this up to match the left? About how much recovery?

The tip of my nose is slightly uneven and because I already have a bump in my nose (which I do not want to correct), the entire right side of my nose (the side with the sunken tip) looks extremely crooked (it dips and peaks and dips again). So my question is, can I build up the right tip of my nose ever so slightly to match the left side -- which I love!? The problem is only in the fleshy tip so I hoped that it might be possible without much or any surgery...

You Should Consider Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty Or Injection Rhinoplasty.

+2
Dear Nose Woes;

If you have unevenness,dips and grooves in your nose, you may be a candidate for nonsurgical rhinoplasty.That procdure is also known as injection rhinoplasty; in it, injection filler material is placed under the skin to fill the dips, depressions and even out the contour.

But without photos, it's hard to say.It may be that you do need surgery to correct some of the issues, particularly the rises which could not be concealed with the fillers.

You should know about this newer trend in nasal surgery because many people have been spared a surgical rhinoplasty or even a revision rhinoplasty after multiple revision rhinoplasties.

Our point: you need to consult with someone who has all the tools in his toolbox, including the expertise of  using such fillers.Some fillers last longer than others while some are permanent.The grand champion of permanent fillers is medical-grade liquid silicone.While it is an off-label use, the product is universally accepted with nearly zero chance of causing any reactions.As a matter of fact, the FDA approval is for use inside the eyeball. What does that tell you? It is a safe product with a 60-year record in the United States. Only microdroplets are needed to correct the problems.

Many practices appreciate the value of this to their patients because, obviously, there is a great savings of time and money, no trips to the operating room and, after the office treatment, no signs like severe swelling or bruising to document the experience.

Check it out.Visit my, and other, websites. More and more information on non-surgical rhinoplasty is becoming available.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Over 4,000 nasal procedures performed
Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON
Author, THE ESSENTIAL COSMETIC SURGERY COMPANION

Correcting Asymmetric Tip of Nose

+1
It is difficult to tell without images or an in person consultation. Most often, a sunken area on the nose could be corrected either with fillers or surgery depending on the anatomy of your nose. The bump in your nose can definitely be improved with surgery. With surgery, your right side of your nose can be improved so that it matches more to the left side of your nose. I would highly recommend scheduling a few consultations with board-certified facial plastic surgeons who have the experience and expertise in rhinoplasties.

Carlo Honrado, MD, FACS

+1
This may be reasonable, but an exam would be necessary to assess the feasibility.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Rhinoplasty for asymmetric tip

+1

Rhinoplasty for an asymmetrical tip will involve harvesting of septal cartilage inside the nasal septum and grafting it into the depressed area of the tip.  When significant asymmetry of the nasal tip cartilages exists, there are other techniques such as suturing of the lower lateral cartilages that may need be undertaken to make the nose look symmetrical. This type of procedure is still a full rhinoplasty under general anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure.

Rhinoplasty to build up sunken parts of nose.

+1
Rhinoplasty to build up sunken parts of nose can be done with septal cartilage. Recovery is only a few days if done by an experienced surgeon. 

Build up the right nose to match the left

+1

It is possible to build up one side of the nose to straighten or fill to match your favorite side. How much recovery is only a guess until a specific plan is in place.

Nose Job for sunken tip?

+1
A set of photos would be helpful. Going off of your description, a cartilage graft or suturing techniques can create
permanent improvement to the tip of your nose. It does require surgery. Alternatively, fillers such as juvederm or restalyene can be injected into fill the contour irregularity. It does require ongoing treatments, but doesn't require surgery.

Good Luck

David Shifrin, MD