Ice or Heat on Area Where Seroma Was Drained?

3&1/2 Wks After Tummy Tuck. I had a area under my stitches that was red and puffy about a week ago took antibiotics and was the same. No infection there was a pocket of blood or seroma under the stitches. This was drained today. Is it good to use ice or heat on that area? It is alittle sore.

Ice or heat after a tummy tuck

Hi,

NEITHER is the answer and be very careful thinking you can do this.  The area above the incision does not have sensation and you can easily get a frost bite burn/blisters from ice and not know it and equally so, you can mistakenly put too much heat on this sensitive tissue and burn it.

Let it alone as the healing takes place and discuss it all with your plastic surgeon.