Is It Good to Gain Weight Before a BBL?

I am 5'4 about and weight 150 pounds should i gain or lose weight? Should i stop working out? My bbl is in March 26

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Gaining weight prior to BBL

+2

I highly recommend my patient to gain weight and to maintain weight at about 20-25 lbs above their ideal weight. This gives the surgeon enough fat to make a drastic change in one's body type. Definitely consult with your surgeon but that is my suggestion. 

Web reference: http://www.miamibuttlift.com/

Gaining weight before a present but left

+1

Thank you for your question! This is a common scenario that many of my patients encounter. The Brazilian butt lift is a beautiful and effective way to create wonderful curves and a full round natural bottom. This is one of the few procedures of plastic surgery, where benefits the patient to be above their ideal weight before surgery.

Although humans never grow more fat cells as adults, gaining weight can expand the existing fat cells and may make them easier to collect during the surgery.

To get a beautiful result, your best bet is to work with a plastic surgeon that is board-certified by the American Board of plastic surgery and has extensive experience in the Brazilian butt lift, body contouring, and fat grafting. I think that is it is vital to assess every patient individually to not only see their candidates but to get a deep understanding of their goals. I assess every patient multiple times before their surgery and sit down with them to understand the shape and size that they want to achieve. There are many occasions when I do recommend that the patient gain anywhere from 10 to 20 pounds before the surgery so that their goals may be accomplished.

Web reference: http://www.miamiaesthetic.com/brazilian_butt_lift_photos.htm

Gaining Weight BEFORE or AFTER a Brazilian Butt Lift makes little sense

+3

When we transfer fat from one area to another (with aBrazilian Butt Lift - to the buttocks), we are moving fat CELLS, the containers of the fat. The fat cells go up and down in size as the fat inside them goes up and down in size. As you gain weight, the amount of fat in your cells goes up. When you lose weight, the fat volume will go down.This applies to ALL the fat cells in your body.

If you wish to gain weight before your BBL, you should consider remaining at this weight after the surgery. If you lose weight after surgery, ALL the fat cells will go down in volume including those in the buttocks. So how could a deflated butt caused by weight loss advance your goals?

It is best to be and remain at your desired weight.

Good Luck.

Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

You may have enough fat for a Brazilian Butt Lift already. However that also depend on how much increase you want and need. Shaping the buttock include removing fat from around the buttocks, lower back and love handles. That alone shapes the buttocks. Then you add the fat and that adds more enhancement.

Buttock enhancement is not merely fat transfer, it is an art of reshaping the buttocks and the body. These procedures need good preop analysis and discussions with the patient and their own sense of beauty then the execution of the surgery by a competent experienced surgeon who can understand your sense of beauty and deliver the best results possible.

The choice of surgeon is most important and not the cheapest priced person.

Should a gain weight before my BBL?

+1

Judging from your height and weight it does not appear that you have to gain weight before the BBL. You should have enought donor fat for transfer, but ultimately your plastic surgeon would judge whether you are a candidate for the surgery. To get the best results you should consultation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience with the BBL.

Web reference: http://drlefkovits.com

Gaining weight for a Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Hi there-

Gaining weight before your Brazilian Butt Lift makes sense if there is a reasonable likelihood that by doing so, you will be able to achieve a shape and proportion that you are happy enough with that you will want to maintain it over time, or if your experienced BBL surgeon believes that by gaining weight, you are increasing the likelihood of success.

While I cannot speak for other surgeons, in my own experience I have found, and believe, that by enlarging the available fat cells through reasonable weight gain, harvest of the maximum number of cells with maximum survival and the greatest margin for error is achieved. You can do better with less risk.

While the absolute number of cells is not altered by the weight gain, the risk to benefit ratio is favorably shifted in our favor.

Web reference: http://www.orlandobrazilianbuttlift.com