Normal To Wear Compression Garments After Fat Transfer to Butt?

hi, am i allowed to wear compression garments after fat transfer to my UPPER butt? i will be doing liposuction of my saddlebags and inner thighs, and transferring the fats to my upper butt to make it look perkier. should my compression garments have cut-outs?

Compression garments after a Brazilian butt lift

+2

The Brazilian butt lift is a beautiful and effective way to create a wonderful curvy shape and a full round bottom. This procedure can provide challenges to traditional liposuction garments.

It is essential to where the right garment after this procedure.

Liposuction garments should put pressure on areas where fat has been removed and should avoid pressure on areas where fat has been added. Most liposuction garments do not perform both of these actions at the same time. For this reason, we provide our patients with a choice of multiple garments that we have had specially designed as well as custom inserts that will provide extra compression in specific areas for each individual patient.

Compression garments after Brazilian Butt Lifts

+1

I always put my patients in compression garments immediately after BBL.  This will decrease bruising and swelling, and speed recovery. I do not find that compression increases the amount of fat loss. In fact I think it helps maintain fat.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Wear Compression Garments After Fat Transfer to Butt

+1

Butt-Covered Compression Garment Best following Fat Graft - i.e. - No Cut outs
Compression Garment Instructions and Purpose after Brazilian Butt Lift
The short answer is that your butt needs to be inside the compression garment to minimize swelling.

Most important is to follow your surgeon's advise. He/She has specific reasons for their recommendations. In general this is what I recommend to my patients - wear their garments for a minimum of 3 weeks full time then for 12 hrs (day or night). if not a lot of redundant skin following liposuction to a maximum of 6 weeks. To be effective the garment needs to fit snug but not too tight as to cause pressure problems (inspect your skin if discomfort and when skin is exposed), or prevent you from sleeping. As the edema resolves it is common for patients to switch to a smaller garment that fits - A Spanx type garment would work rather than ordering one or paying more at your doctor;'s office.
Following Liposuction and Fat transfer procedures used in the Brazilian butt lift,  the compression garments are required for three main reasons:
It restricts the amount of edema that forms and hastens its resolution by mechanical pressure
It decreases the amount of bruising
It assists the loose skin in retracting or shrinking in the liposuction areas
The length of time that the garment is worn varies dependent on the amount of fat removed, the elastic nature of your skin, how much loose skin remains at the liposuction site or how much swelling from edema in the buttocks you have and other factors. Your surgeon would give you the best advise. However in general this is the routine for my patients.
The first garment should be fitted for you in the office prior to surgery and applied in the operating room. Often it will become loose as the edema is mobilized and then it will need to be replaced. Spanx is a reasonable compression  garment if it gives enough support and is the right size. I have my patents bring them in and confirm that it fits well.
Most important advise is to listen to your surgeon's advice as he best knows how much fat was removed in the donor sites and transferred into the buttocks, and other factors mentioned above

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Are compression garments necessary following the BBL?

+1

We always apply a  compression garment following the BBL. The purpose is to try to minimize psotoperative swelling. It also provides a level of comfort. We generally recommend wearing the garment for 10-14 days following which we start a couse of massage and ultrasound sessions to the fat donor sites.

George Lefkovits, MD

Compression Garments for Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

To improve your outcome the areas of the body from which the fat was removed need to be compressed to allow smoother healing and to reduce swelling. The buttocks into which the fat was grafted need milder compression to reduce swelling and to splint the fat  and increase the rate at which blood supply to it can be established assuring its survival.

Yes. You do need a compression garment. Several companies are now producing garments specifically made for Brazilian Butt Lifts. Your surgeon may wish to use one of them

Good Luck.