Going Outside the Day After Fraxel:Restore Treatment?

Hi, I had a Fraxel:Restore treatment a few days ago. The day after my treatment, I had to be outside for about 30-45 minutes running errands. I was very vigilant in putting on sunblock, as well as covering my face with a hoodie throughout the time I was outside. Did I increase my risk of hyperpigmentation by doing this? Thanks Thanks

Fraxel Restore laser's risk for hyperpigmentation is different for different patients

+1
Most patients are told that they can resume normal activities with sunscreen after Fraxel Restore. Certainly, no sun-tanning is permitted. However, depending on the individual's genetics, skin type, and history of pigmentation from acne flares, some patients will have to be extra diligent to avoid sun exposure. The more sensitive the patient, the more important it is to cover with a good sunscreen and wear a hat with a wide brim. Chances are, that if you're not ultra prone to hyperpigmentation, that you didn't do any harm, but please do check with your doctor if there is the slightest darkening you see developing. The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice. The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Sun Exposure After Fraxe; Restore

+1

Hi Silverspoon,   As long as you limit your exposure to the sun, wear strong physical sunblock and protective clothing, you should be okay.  Follow your treating physician's instructions.  Good luck and be well.  Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD