The Hyperpigmentation Post Fraxel Laser Treatment for Stretch Marks on Arms? (photo)

Complications from Fraxel laser

+1
I can not comment on your specific case without knowing the energy settings and exact type of laser and without examininig you in person as there seem to be individual localized areas of brown and even depressions in the photograph which is unlike the Fraxel laser fractional therapy. Sites that are nonfacial, are more prone to side effects than facial skin. Sunblock is a must. Prescription lightening creams may help. Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation does usually respond to treatment and time. Sometimes doctors perform superficial chemical peels to help the lightening creams work better. Fraxel Dual, the 1927nm. wavelength may help lighten the post inflammatory hyperpigmentation but there is a risk that all these treamtents could exacerbate the pigmentation. The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice. The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Hyperpigmentation after Fraxel for stretch marks is treated with hydroquinones

+1

Hyperpigmentation after laser is more common in darker skin types and people with a lot of sun exposure.  I can be treated most often with hydroquinones 4%.  If not improving, adding Retin A +/- a steroid cream.  It almost always resolves.  A better, newer treatment for stretch marks, particularly darker skin types, is the Infini RF device.  I would try it, but not many docs have it presently.  Steve Weiner, MD, Facial Plastics, Destin, Fl

Steven F. Weiner, MD