Dental X-ray Ok After Fraxel?

I need to get a dental x-ray 3 weeks post fraxel restore treatment. I have had a basal cell removed in this area before and I don't want to put my self at increased risk for a repccurance. Will a the radiation from a dental x-ray put my healing skin at risk for further cancers? I have a tooth that needs work and I can not avoid an x- ray in the near future.

X-ray after Fraxel

+1

Yes it is safe for you take an x-ray the next day after your Fraxel treatment.

Dental x-rays are not a problem after fraxel laser facial resurfacing for wrinkles or acne scars

+1

The dental xrays penetrate deeper than the effect of the Fraxel laser for resurfacing of scars or wrinkles, so there should be no contraindicaiton to having such x-rays before or after the Fraxel laser.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs. 

Ronald Shelton, MD