Gained Weight and Look Bigger 3 Months After Regular Lipo?

I am 32. Regularly work out and eat healthy. But I still had some extra fat in my belly and flanks. My BMI was 20% Had liposuction 3 months ago. I gained 6 pounds with the procedure comparing my previous weight to when I weighed my self after the procedure. I was badly swollen. To this day I still havent shed the pounds off. And even though I have unswelled a lot I still am bigger than previous to the surgery. Even after returning to my regular exercise regime. My Dr cant explain what is going on.

Liposuction and weight

+1

It can take a few months to get back into your routine and for the swelling to go down. The weight  will fluctuate.

Weight gain after Liposuction

+1

Initially the extra weight that you put on was likely due to the swelling after the liposuction procedure. This is not uncommon. At three months, however, I would be very surprised if any of the weight gain is due to left over edema. It is likely that you have actually gained weight since your surgery and are now bigger than you were previously. Liposuction is not a weight loss procedure, nor does it prevent you from gaining weight after the procedure.

Discuss this issue with your surgeon. 

Eugene J. Sidoti, Jr., MD
Scarsdale Plastic Surgeon

+1

This probably depends to some degree upon the amount of fat liposuctioned during the procedure.  If the amount was small and weight was gained, then you may indeed be bigger.  If you still have fat amenable to liposuction, then a secondary liposuction can be performed to get you to your goals.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs HUNDREDS of liposuction procedures each year and can take you to that next level.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Weight gain after liposuction

+1

I am not clear from your question if you are concerned that you have gained weight after your liposuction, or if you think that the area of liposuction is no flatter than before.

Weight gain right after surgery is not fat. It is liposuction fluid plus edema. It gradually goes away over time.

It is now 3 months later, and if the results of the procedure looks good, then you must have gained a little weight. It takes up to 6 months for all the swelling to completely go away. You are not overweight and I am sure you will eventually return to your earlier weight.

John Silverton, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon