Lipo Stomach but Not Flanks? (photo)

I went in today for a consultation for liposuction. I was very pleased with the doctor and everything... He is charging me $X amount for liposuctioning my stomach/abs and then $X amount for doing my flank area. Due to the price I cannot afford both at this time. Is it crazy to only get one section done now (stomach area) and then do the flanks at a later time? Or should I save up and wait to do them both together? Thank you for your time.

Liposuction

+2

If it's safe, I would recommend waiting and doing it all at the same time.  Typically the second and third areas are discounted and you also save money on OR, Anesthesia and recovery time. I think you will be happier with your results if you wait and do it all at the same time.  If you really want to do something, do the area that bothers you the most.  The results may motivate you to save more money to get the other areas done sooner than later.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and cost

+2

I think it might be best to save up the money to both at the same time. It will be more cost effective and easier to treat the two areas together.

Liposuction of the abdomen and hips(flanks) are usually done together if possible.

+2

Liposuction of the abdomen and hips can make such a great improvement and is easy to undergo under local tumescent anesthesia for roughly $5500-6500 on special. Unless you are 300 lbs or more then doing both together is your best option but do what your doc advises. Do see a few docs for consultations. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction of Two Different Areas of the Abdomen

+2

Thank you for your photos.  Ultimately, it is up to you.  I would recommend getting both areas treated at the same operation because they are in close proximity and this would be under one anesthesia and facility fee.  Your overal cost may actually be more if you divide the procedures up.  Best wishes.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Lipo Stomach but Not Flanks? (photo)

+2

Please dear, do NOT return to that doctor unless he recommended against liposuction at all.  A tummy tuck is the only operation that will provide sufficiently improved abdominal and trunk shape to be worthwhile.  If you're too young for tummy tuck and planning pregnancies, then weight loss is much better than liposuction.  Your weight is above ideal.  Losing some will trim both flanks and abdomen, and also likely diminish intraperitoneal fat, flattening the abdominal bulge.  There are many successful and relatively easy diet plans.  You sound motivated, you just need the right help.  Liposuction without weight loss will not make you happy and is thus a poor investment.  

Steve Laverson, MD

Lipo Stomach but Not Flanks?

+2

It is not crazy to do one at a time.  However, usually the second area is discounted so it makes sense to do both at the same time.   In addition, it is important to blend the abdomen with the flanks from a technical standpoint.  I typically do the areas together and the back at the same time as well.  All of this is really up to you.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs HUNDREDS of liposuction procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA