Tara Reid's Stomach - I Always Hear Lumpiness Gets Better? (photo)

Hi, I recently had liposuction of my abdomen and flanks to get FAT transfer to my face (which I like the face result btw) The surgeon is a board certified plastic surgeon, good rep etc... Anyway - I posted my pics on this site - I have some lumpiness and wrinkly skin (i'm 7 weeks post op). I keep hearing the lumpiness takes time, do some massage, give it 6 months, etc... so my question is why didn't this work for Tara Reids stomach (My fear is mine will end up like her) thank you in advance

Liposuction result

+2

Thank you for your question about your liposuction result.

• your photo shows what looks like a perfectly liposuction good result at 7 weeks,
  • wait 6 months, things continue to improve,
  • the only liposuction surgeon who can explain Tara Reid's result is her liposuctin surgeon...confidentiality prevents him/her from commenting.
  • Enjoy your result. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

#post-liposuction wrinkly skin

+2

its is very common for the skin to undergo different changes after the liposuction even if it was performed for something as small as a harvest site for fat grafting. give it time. Im not sure exactly what procedure tara reid had gotten but it seems like its too early to say anything about the way your skin is healing.

Misbah Khan, MD

Tara Reid's Stomach - I Always Hear Lumpiness Gets Better?

+2

Your stomach appears to look good for 6.5 weeks, and I think it will probably only get better.  Swelling can produce odd results early in healing.  I would give it 6 months, and I think you will be pleased.  It is difficult to speculate about the case you mentioned.  There are occasionally poor results after liposuction even in the best of hands.  The worst results I have seen after liposuction have occurred after a patient has multiple large fluid collections that had to be drained multiple times.  I would say that in the vast majority of cases that liposuction is performed by a plastic surgeon who does hundreds each year, the results are very good.  There are always outliers, but you do not appear to be one of those.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lumps after liposuction

+1

All liposuctions are lumpy for a few weeks to several months. Once the swelling resolves in about 6 months, the lumps should be gone. However, some people have permanent lumpiness due to multiple reasons. Over resection of fat, loose skin, thin fibrous tissue, and others. Permanent lumpiness can be corrected with excisional surgery.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon