Cost to Remove Post-TT Dog Ears?

I've Had a Full Tummy Tuck,but Have Dog Ears.how Much Would It Cost to Have These Removed

Costs of Tummy Tuck

+1
Thank you for your post.
In considering the cost of a Tummy Tuck, you should look at the components of the cost:
1. Surgeons Fee. This is usually the greatest part of the overall cost and can vary immensly from location to location (just like the cost of living varies in each location) as well as in the same location, it can vary from surgeon to surgeon. Usually, a surgeon commanding a higher price is very experienced and has very good results reliably, and is very busy due to the above.
2. Anesthesia Fee. This can vary depending on if a board certified MD anesthesiologist is used, vs. a nurse anesthetist, vs. a non-certified nurse, vs. only local anesthesia (an awake procedure). Obviously, the further you go down the line, the cheaper the price. You do get what you pay for.
3. Facility Fee. This can vary if it is a a state/medicare certified facility, vs. the back of a doc's office.
4. Accessories. This includes things like a pain pump, Exparol injections (72 hour long lasting numbing), garments, tissue glues, etc. These are not necessary for a great result, just add to the comfort of a result.
5. Revision. Usually a revision such as dog ears or lowering the scar, or a seroma, is much less that the original surgery, but this depends entirely on what exactly is being done.
As with anything in life, buyer beware of risks of cutting corners in surgery.
Real Self has average costs of every operations in your location that you can peruse before seeing a surgeon, but keep in mind that the above quality can change from office to office. Choose a surgeon that you are very comfortable with and is board certified.
Best Wishes,
Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Dog ears aftger tummy tuck

+1

Dog ears is they are persistent little outpouchings at the end of your surgical incisions can be done under local in the office.  If they are larger, they  may need a more involved procedure including extending the excisions on the hips.

Revising tummy tuck scars

+1

Tummy tuck dog ears can be caused by excessive fat and skin laxity on the lateral aspects of the abdomen.  The cost is generally 1-3 thousand dollars to correct these areas with liposuction or surgical excision.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Cost of removing dog ears after tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)

+1

This would depend on the person who does this. We often discuss this at the original consultation and I recommend that we observe them for a few months. IF they persist and the patient did not insist on a short scar and can be easily removed under local in my office, I generally do not charge. If the individual requesting the do ear removal is not my patient or requested an excessively short scar, or were truly a candidate for an extended abdominoplasty or I cannot perform it in my office operatory or desire general anesthesia, then additional charges may be requested. In this situation, depending on what is done, costs can run from $500 to $2500.

Cost for removing "dog ears" after tummy tuck should be low to zero.

+1

In our on-site, fully-accredited office surgical facility, where my partner and I perform all of our cosmetic surgeries, we have the following policy regarding touch-up or revisional surgery--which your situation certainly is: There is no surgeon's fee, but the patient is responsible for minimal operating room, anesthesia, and, if necessary, implant costs--none used for tummy tuck.

"Free" touch ups might become problematic, as some patients always want 'a little tighter," "a little higher," or "a little smoother." With "free" surgery you could see chasing an abdominal dog ear scar all the way around to a butt lift! So sharing the cost of revisional surgery seems to keep both surgeon and patient on their best behavior! And, it keeps the surgical costs to a reasonable price in the first place, since those doctors who offer so-called "free touch-ups" are actually "including" these costs in every operation! (Do you get a refund if touch-ups aren't necessary?)

Obviously, if you've spent a tidy sum for extensive surgery, we want you to be happy, and I'd rather not tie up myself and my staff and my operating room time with "free" surgery (since the rest are actual overhead costs, and I only take home the professional fee), so I really do my best to make my operation the best I know how. That keeps do-overs to a minimum, and yields the maximum number of really happy patients!

Check with your surgeon; this should have been spelled out prior to your tummy tuck, but even if it wasn't, or was somehow forgotten, he or she does have a policy to deal with these situations.

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Dog Ears after a tummy tuck should be removed by your plastic surgeon

+1

Your plastic surgeon will probably not charge you anything. Depending on the size of the dog ears I'll charge between $800 and $1500 if I haven't done the tummy tuck myself.

Mark Broudo, MD