Fraxel for Under Eye Tightening?

Hello! I would like to know if Fraxel is good for tightening the under eye area. When I smile, I wrinkle under the eye due to a blepharoplasty I had 10 years ago when I had bags removed from under my eyes. Now it’s hollow.

My doc said that another blepharoplasty would help by tightening the lower eyelid. What else can I do that doesn’t involve surgery that will be long lasting? Thanks so much.

Fraxel for Under Eye Tightening

+1
There are a lot of procedures that can be done to tighten the skin under your eyes. In 2014, many would recommend either a radiofrequency (RF) skin tightening device which have hand pieces which are now made for the under eye area. These include the Venus Legacy, the Ellman Pelleve, the Alma Accent or VShape, or the EndyMed 3Deep device. All of them work really well and can show significant skin tightening.

As well, some would recommend a fractional laser to this area — this needs to be done by someone very skilled in this procedure, such as a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon, to minimize any potential adverse events which can occur if someone does not know what they are doing in this area. This is usually either done with a fractional non-ablative device or a superficial erbium ablative laser — where we get the best results.

Tighten your skin, and you may be able to avoid a second blepharoplasty.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel can help tighten under eyes if done in a series

+1

Fraxel treatments can help tighten the skin under the eyes if done in a series of 5-6 treatments one month apart.

Other treatments that can help tighten that area is Thermage eyes.

I have also performed these two procedures togather and got the best results with little or no down time.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon