Will Fraxel Tighten my Skin on the Front of my Neck?

I paid one thousand eight hundred pounds last year, for four sessions of Titan laser treatment. on the font of my neck last year, and there was no improvement to my neck at all. I am 64years old, my face is very good, but the front of my neck from my chin to the bottom of my neck, is now very crapey. fraxel, has now been recommended, but I am unshure of having it done, in case it doesnt work, and I lose even more money. What would you suggest please. Thanking you in anticipation. Vivien.

Fraxel will not help significantly

+2

Fraxel will give only a temporary improvement to the hanging neck if any at all.  The deeper tissues of the neck have to be addressed with some type of surgical procedure to give a lasting and noticeable effect.

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel would be great

+2

I think that one treatment with the Fraxel re:pair laser is the right thing for you. I feel that this laser tightens the skin so you will see on average a 50% improvement (the company says up to 70%) in skin quality, fine lines and sagging. The Fraxel re:pair combines the fractionated technology with a CO2 laser.

Kari L. Colen, MD

Tightening produced by any device not the same as neck lift results

+1

It is difficult to gauge the looseness of your skin from your photo and without a direct examination, but keep in mind that the most successful tightening produced by any device is not the same as a neck lift. If the muscle bands are loose and pulling the skin down, no resurfacing or tightening device will be enough. It is academically fascinating for physicians to see that without surgery a small improvement in tightening can occur from Thermage, Portrait, Fraxel or Titan treatment, but our excitement with that result may be much less than yours as the end result is not a “homerun.” You didn’t mention which Fraxel was discussed. Was it the Re:store or Re:pair?

The former involves a series of treatments and although it improves the texture of the skin, the tightening is minimal. The latter is more aggressive and requires considerable downtime and has a slightly greater risk of pigment change and scarring than the Re:store. If you were to invest in treatment with Re:pair, you might incur some risk for a result that will dissatisfy you. The newer technology of Thermage compared to the original protocol and equipment, may provide you with a better outcome than with the Titan, Fraxel or Portrait.

Ronald Shelton, MD