How to Fix Sagging, Far Apart Breasts?

My breasts are saggy and very far apart. They also don't have a very normal shape. My breast seem like they are almost on my sides. What can be done to correct them?

Improve sagging breasts with a breast lift and augmentation

+2

Your breasts are challenging but they can most definitely be improved.

Your best option, in my opinion, is a breast augmentation to provide fullness and a full lift (please see video included).

Unfortunately, there is no treatment for breasts which are far apart. Some patients have a wide chest bone with the breasts separated. The only option is to make a cut over the chest bone, remove the wide portion and re-wire the bone back together (VERY DRAMATIC!)

It also will leave a long scar in the middle of your chest, which is not cosmetically attractive.

Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Lifting tubular breasts

+2

Like many of the other doctors who have answered here- I agree that you would benefit from a well performed breast lift. Your breasts do seem to be somewhat tubular in their form, and so as part of the lifting procedure you would likely benefit from a release of the constricting tissue at the breast base on either side.

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breast deformity

+2

Your breasts have a tuberous shape to them, which means that they are constricted at the base, which causes the tissue to "flop" and sag. This is a challenging problem, which can be corrected by releasing the tissue, elevating it with a breast lift, and placing implants to provide volume that will match your body. I suggest seeing several board-certified plastic surgeons in your area who can evaluate you and show you photographs of similar patients. Good luck, /nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Breast lift candidate?

+1
You are a great candidate for a breast lift.  The areolas would be moved higher and closer to your midline to achieve a more ideal shape.

David Stoker, MD

How to fix Sagging and Far apart Breasts

+1
Your particular shape of breast are difficult to fix.  First you need a lift/reduction.  That will improve the overall shape of your breasts.  In doing so the breast will look closer and more balanced.  Otherwise there is no perfect solution.  

Rady Rahban, MD

Breast Lift Surgery Will Help You Achieve Your Goals

+1

Lateral displacement of the breast and nipple areola complex can be caused by a variety of factors. This problem can adversely impact breast aesthetics and create difficulty wearing under garments.

Your pictures suggest that your lateral nipple areola position is primarily related to the shape of your underlying chest wall. This type of deformity can’t be fixed without major surgical intervention.

In your case, your breasts are literally falling off your chest to the side. This is being accentuated by your breast sag, as they can drift even further to the side.

Under these circumstances, a breast lift will not only lift the breasts in an upward direction, but will also move the nipple areola in an inward direction as well. This is because the breast axis is related to the chest wall slope.

This maneuver will improve the position of your breasts, but won’t totally correct the problem. It’s important to realize that gravity is an unrelenting force and there’s significant potential for recurrence of breast sag. If you’re considering correction of this problem, consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Addressing sagging, far apart breasts

+1
Thank you for the photos. It seems as though you would benefit from a lift. If the desire is for upper pole fullness, the usual way to do that is with an implant. The implant does not necessarily have to be large. If you need or want volume, then a larger implant will help. Nipple/areola positioning is a different matter and may necessitate more work, (i.e.; a lift). Discuss your goals with the board certified plastic surgeon and make sure they are reasonable. Together you will come up with a plan.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Droop breasts too far to the sides

+1
I agree with your assessment. You are going to need a lift or even a lift with an implant- it depends what size you want to be.

Frederick G. Weniger, MD, FACS
Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon

Sagging Breasts - What To Do

+1

When breasts are naturally spaced farther apart then desired, very little can be done. It is not possible to change the position of the breasts on the chest wall. A breast augmentation can be performed as long as the implant itself is positioned directly behind the nipple. A breast augmentation may help with this appearance. If the breasts are also sagging, then a breast lift may be necessary. It is very important to consult a well-trained and Board-certified plastic surgeon to find out what can be done to correct this problem.

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Correction of Breast Separation

+1

I think you will achieve a very nice change with a breast lift.  Depending on your goals in size, you may be a candidate for a small implant to increase size or a small reduction to decrease size.

Based on your photo, it appears that you have a wide breast bone.  This is not something plastic surgery can correct.    I do think you will see dramatic improvement in the separation and overall breast lift with a breast lift utilizing auto-augmentation.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD