How to Fix Indented Hips? (photo)

Hip indentations

+1

I get this one alot. There is a natural hip indentation in all humans, male or female, and this is evident whenever you watch a bodybuilding contest.  However, some women can deposit a lot of fat in this area.  I always ask what a woman wants or whether she wants that area filled with fat.  Fat Transfer works well.

The appearance of indented hips

+1

There are actual indentations and there are the appearance of indentations.  In the black and white photo I would argue that the person has more of an appearance of indentations.  If the excess fat of the flank and lower outer thighs were to be reduced the "indentation" in between the two areas of fullness would not be present.  Therefore, the appearance of indented hips usually requires liposuction of the areas of fullness on either side of the "indentation" while ac actual indentation is often best treated with fat grafting.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

How to Fix Indented Hips...

+1

The shape of the hips can often be quite variable.  Rarely does a person have a perfect shape.  There may be irregularities or indentations that occur naturally. The best procedure to smooth your hips would be a combination of liposuction and fat transfer.  Liposuction can contour the areas that protrude a bit, and then the fat can be processed and injected into the indented areas.  The fat can be built up over a few sessions until your result is just right.  Be sure to consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon before scheduling surgery.

Shain A. Cuber, MD
Edison Plastic Surgeon

Fat Injections For Indented Hips

+1

The best treatment for indented hips would be fat injections. Whether you have enough fat to inject, however, will determine whether that is possible. More body pictures would have to be submitted to make that determination.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Hips

+1

Liposuction with fat transfer to the area that is deficient is probably the best solution for this kind of problem

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS