Massage After Upper Eyelid Pearl Fat Grafting?

it has been a week since i had pearl fat grafting for upper eyelid hollowness. right after the surgery my doctor told me not to apply any cold or hot compress on the grafted area. now my eyelids are still swollen and it feels lumpy. should i apply hot compress and massage the grafted area? will this affect fat graft survival?

Fat transfer to eyes

+2

Dear Zoe1127,

• How does it look now?
  • If you haven't brought this up to your surgeon, you should to see what your options are
  • Typically, fat transfers can stay swollen with occasional lumpiness for several weeks after surgery (it should be improving the entire time)

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Massage after Fat Grafting to Face

+2

I typically do not recommend massage after fat grafting to the face as the pressure can affect survival.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Follow your surgeons instructions

+2

Swelling after surgery is quite normal. Lumpiness is possible after fat grafting, but you are still very early after surgery. I would encourage you to see and discuss all your concerns with your surgeon, since only, he/she knows exactly what was done and make recommendations based on that.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon