Can I Find Botox Injections at Pharmacist?

No-go

+2

You can not legally buy Botox from a pharmacy, and why would you want to? The administration of Botox requires extensive knowledge of facial anatomy that you can only receive through professional training and ample experience. As there are risks and complications with any procedure, when it comes to your face you want to be especially careful. As an Expert Injector and double Board-Certified Plastic surgeon, I would highly recommend you never attempt to inject Botox on your own.  I suggest you make an appointment with an Expert Injector. ExpertInjectors™ are board-certified plastic surgeons, facial plastic surgeons, dermatologists or oculoplastic surgeons, who have demonstrated extreme due diligence in regards to patient safety, reliable results and consumer education.  An Expert Injector will only administer products that are FDA approved for aesthetic use.

Botox injections and the pharmacy

+1

You won't find a pharmacy that provides cosmetic Botox injections. I would do some research in your area for a reputable and well-known provider for your best results!

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox purchased at pharmacy - no way

+1

You can't buy your own Botox legally (or safely) from a pharmacy - nor should you even consider doing so. Botox is ONLY legally sold to physician offices.

I'm not sure if your question means your pharmacist is offering to inject the Botox or you want to purchase it from a pharmacist. In either case, you're certainly better off going to a true medical practice and choosing a provider who has ample experience in injectables AND facial anatomy.

By the way, there are "fake" products out there and no one knows what's in them. A fake wrinkle relaxer might only contain water or saline, or it could contain a dangerous mix of tainted ingredients. Stay safe.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

Today, you can get Botox almost any where. One of my new patients was offered Botox by his gastroenterologist! While Botox is all over the internet and popular culture, the injections do require knowledge of anatomy, extensive training and experience. In Botox and in life, you get what you pay for. Seek an experienced injector if you want consistent, lasting results with a minimal risk of complications. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Be careful where you find your Botox

+1

These days, you can get your Botox in many places... and the list is growing! But that doesn't mean that you should. If your having lung or heart problems, don't go to the dermatologist! Likewise, for your skin and cosmetic procedures, make sure you find an expert. Find an aesthetically trained, board-certified physician who specializes in this, or run the risk of increased complications and decreased patient safety. As with most things in life, caveat emptor. Stick with physicians who inject in their dermatology and plastic surgery offices, and avoid: pharmacies, optometrists, dentists, hotel rooms, injection parties, nurse injectionists, non-specialist physicians, etc. The list of experts remains the same, but the list of poseurs keeps growing.

Chad L. Prather, MD
Baton Rouge Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox Injections

+1

It is possible to find Botox (or a counterfeit) in many places. However, the only way to make sure you get the real thing is to see an Expert Injector (ExpertInjector.org) who is well trained in its use and obtains the product from the manufacturer. Pharmacists cannot legally stock it. Even if you could obtain it, you would need someone very experienced and knowledgeable in facial muscle anatomy to inject it in order to obtain the results you desire without significant side effects or complications.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Where to find a safe Botox injection

+1

Botox should only be administered by licensed  and experienced physicians (nurses, nurse practitioners, and PA's are allowed to inject in some states) who have appropriate training.  It should not be performed by a pharmacist.  Botox and other injectables can cause serious complications, so appropriate experience and training is very important. t

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox at a pharmacy

+1

If you do find Botox injections at a pharmacy, you should run in the other direction.  Although a pharmacist can order Botox when it is prescribed, actual injections should be performed by a trained and experienced physician.  The injection of Botox is a medical procedure and should only be performed by a licensed physician.

Bruce Genter, MD
Abington Plastic Surgeon

Where can I get Botox Injected?

+1

Hi Jiji.  Although it may be tempting to try and figure out how to inject Botox, you will not find a pharmacy wiling to sell it to you.  Botox is controlled by the FDA and only physicians are allowed to purchase and dispense it.  In addition, the proper use of Botox involves a keen understanding of the facial muscular anatomy which would limit your ability to inject it properly even if you could get your hands on it.  

Best bet is to find someone you can trust (physician or nurse obviously) to inject it for you.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Botox injections at a pharmacist

+1

Absolutely not. You need a medical license to purchase authentic Botox from the manufacturer. And depending on the state, you also need specific licensure to inject it. No state allows pharmacists to sell Botox to unlicensed individuals or to be injectors.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD